This past weekend was so laid back, so very necessary for me, and just a little boring! I had to laugh at something my friend Kat posted on Facebook that perfectly describes the cycle I go through.
I did have time to slow down, to do some cleaning around here, to enjoy eating with Dick. He worked until noon on Saturday, and I was shopping for groceries at Giant. One of the Giant supermarkets here has a really cute sidewalk cafe. Every time I walk past it I think, "We should sit there and eat sometime." So on Saturday we did. The weather was so perfect.
And for dinner we sat on our side porch eating scrumptious corn-on-the-cob from a roadside stand and hot dogs. We sat out there until almost dark. It was so perfectly lovely.
On Sunday morning at Fillmore we had a joint service with the three little churches in the Buffalo Run Charge. A few people from one of the other churches joined our choir for a special song, and they sounded so good. I just love to do things like that. Some of the most enjoyable things I ever did were the joint choirs I directed for Christmas musicals and the annual joint worship services we used to hold before we moved up here.
Austin was here Sunday afternoon, and we all took good, long naps.
Yesterday when I was cooking at Anthony and Lori's I peeked into Austin's bedroom and saw his cute new bed. I thought of the lofts Dick used to build for our kids' college dorm rooms. He just never added the tent feature!
Here's a picture from the other weekend that I never posted before. Lori just sent it to me the other day. How sweet is this?
We're still waiting for the arrival of Sammy's baby sister. Poor Jenn. I know how looooong those last weeks and days become.
Our little church at Houserville is taking on a big fundraising event next weekend (August 8 and 9.) We're calling it Benefeast, and the purpose of it is to raise funds for local people dealing with cancer. It will be all about music, art, and food. On Friday evening our praise team from Houserville (On a Wing and a Prayer) will be one of the groups on stage. On Saturday Anthony and some of his musician buddies (Texas Blues Alley) will be among many bands playing. Here 's our poster - in two parts. It is so big I couldn't scan it all at one time.
So as you can see, there will be no lack of excitement around here that weekend!







3 comments:
I didn't think you ever had enough quiet time to be bored!
Austins bedroom is great and I love the picture of Dick and Sammy. Hope that baby comes soon!
Mari beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. I never thought you had any time available to be bored. LOL
Hugs,
Kat
Actually, at my day-time jobs I spend most of my time completely alone, thus my desire for people and a little fun on the weekends. (-:
Post a Comment