I promised a few weeks ago that I would "catch up" my blog with some of the Throwback Thursday pictures I have been posting on Facebook. So since there has been absolutely nothing interesting to write about, I'll do that first.
First off, Dick and his brothers, probably around 1961. And yes, they did go by the nicknames I have on the picture!
This was our family in 1979. There must have been a comedian behind the camera. Lisa and Anthony's expressions are so funny! I was actually pregnant with Jeremy at this point.
I love this picture of Lisa, Anthony, and Jeremy "playing" piano together.
Here's how I used to water my hanging plant in our practice room - probably 1983. Looks like Lisa thought it would be funny to spray water on me while I was up there! Look at those mic stands right below me. Good grief! I could have impaled myself on one of those!
This was on Mother's Day 1982. Mary Ellen was visiting from Virginia, Rose had a Campus Chorale program at East Petersburg Mennonite Church, just up the street from our house. After the program, the whole family came to our house for ice cream. Little did we know that it was the last Mother's Day with our mom. She died from pancreatic cancer six months later. If only we had taken a picture of us with her, considering that it was Mother's Day! We could not have imagined it was our last one with her.
Back: Betty, Barb, Janet, Dick. Front: Mary Ellen, Doris, me, Rose.
Today Lisa posted this CUTE collage of Sophie. She said she was re-enacting a photo taken when she was a year old!! How clever! How I miss that dear girl!!
Now for some pictures of Spring's arrival around here. First there were yellow daffodils.
Then the red tulips joined in.
Now the tulips stand alone.
Dick tore out a bed of THICK tiger lilies last fall and planted tulip bulbs. They're pink and yellow!
We really need to get mulching done. This is our little Home, Sweet Home with the tulips showing off.
We have continued to have so much cool, cloudy, windy, rainy weather. I feel very weary of waiting for warm temps. On Friday, just as I was leaving the bank, suddenly the sun peeked between the clouds, and I knew I had to capture the moment before it disappeared. I got lucky!
Last Sunday evening we took Austin out for an ice cream date. He has the best smile!
Actually, last Sunday was a rare warmer day. For church I wore a sweater top I had found at Goodwill the previous week. I asked Dick to take a picture of me for a new profile pic. He tried, bless his heart, and I did get one I could use. But when I looked over them, I just cracked up at this one!! I look so befuddled! I think I was telling Dick that he should hold the camera higher, that it looks like he's taking a picture of my chest, hahahaha!
As I sit here writing, I'm missing out on a fun evening around the fire at Anthony and Lori's. I just don't feel well. I started with a terrible head ache on Friday. Yesterday I had set aside to finally do some deep cleaning around here - the first since Christmas. I woke up with so many aches and pains, but I slowly, but surely plodded through all the sorting of papers, dusting everything on every level, washing floors, vacuuming, etc. I got a good night's sleep, but felt just drained and had a headache through both services this morning. We picked Austin up after church, and he fell asleep on the way to our house. We put him right to bed, and I felt so miserable, I crawled into my bed with my dress and jacket still on! So I am just taking it really easy today. I'm sure I'll be all better by tomorrow.











4 comments:
I love the pictures! Your kids were just adorable. :)
When did Dick get his curly hair? It looks so straight on that picture when he was young.
Praying you feel better tonight!
I think his hair was curly by a year old. But they kept it cropped so closely, it didn't have a chance to be very curly till he was older. When he became my husband, he grew a real "fro", haha!
Love the header pic! It's amazing how pretty the trees are even though it's been so cool.
Have a great week!
I enjoyed your throwback pictures and your lovely spring pictures. I hope you are feeling much better tonight.
Oh, I just clicked on your site to comment and saw your header...beautiful!
Take care and hope you will feel much better real soon.
Post a Comment