On Sunday morning, after having a fun time playing with Sammy, we went to our home church, Grace Community Fellowship. SO MANY dear friends! It was just amazing. Three college-age girls, Steph, Karlee, and Hannah, whom we have loved dearly from childhood on up were also home for the holiday. It's a totally rare occasion that any of us are there on the same Sunday. It was hard to get a chance to talk with everyone, and there are some that I long to have extended time with. Maybe someday.
We went to Dick's parents' for lunch. What a precious time we had with them! There's such a sense of peace in their quiet house surrounded by the beautiful woods. After lunch we napped. When I woke up I looked out the kitchen window and this is what I saw.
We love them so much. Here are more pics from our time with them.
Dad dared us to find a weed in his gardens. He said they don't stand a chance.
After we said our goodbyes to them we went a few miles away to say goodbye to my home place. This is the house my family moved to when I was eleven years old. Years later, after my mother passed away and my dad married Mary, they bought a smaller house, and my sister Doris and her husband bought this house. And now they have recently moved to big, beautiful home with their son and family and will be selling this old homestead in June. I did a walk-through, but so many years have passed since I moved out of that house (almost 43!) I really didn't have a lot of sentimental feelings in saying goodbye to it.
From there we went to East Petersburg to see my sister Mary Ellen. She was having a cookout with some friends. They were such a fun bunch of ladies.
From there we went to see my sister Doris's new, BEAUTIFUL home. She gave us the grand tour. Oh my goodness!!!! I just love everything about it, and I'm so happy for her and her son's family to have found this wonderful place.
And then we headed back to Sam and Jenn's where we had more fun playing with Sammy and hanging out with Sam, Jenn, and Ray. After Sammy went to bed we watched the movie Captain Phillips, which some had not seen before. It wasn't quite as intense as the first time I watched it, but still intense enough. When Ray was deployed his ship had had a part in one of the Somali pirate tragedies, so it was interesting to watch it with him.
Stay tuned for part three. LOTS of fun pictures from Monday.



3 comments:
You sure know how to pack a lot of fun into a weekend! It's great seeing Dicks Dad looking so well and their place really is beautiful.
I love your sisters new home too.
Doris's new home is incredible! I hope she lets you do a walk through with a camera sometime. I bet it is lovely.
You really pack in a lot of activity on the weekends.
We do love our new home! And you surely can do a camera tour someday...after things are placed where they should be =) Happy you could come see our new place. God answered our prayers in a HUGE way!
Loved all the pictures of Dick's parents and their lovely surroundings.
Have a great week!
Post a Comment