Friday, April 25, 2014

No shame in my game: I'm proud of my boy!

This is a HUGE day for someone in State College.  In the past few years Anthony has built a very successful blues guitar teaching business at www.steviesnacks.com.  He felt satisfaction in everything about his business, except its name, which he came up with in a mere whim before he knew this would become more than a hobby.  For the past five months he has been building a new website, www.texasbluesalley.com.  And today it goes live!  Everything from Stevie Snacks will link seamlessly to the new website.  

I am so proud of him!  For months, as I have cooked in their kitchen, he has been sitting just a few feet away working on this huge project on his laptop.  I simply cannot imagine how he knows how to do all that he does, to say nothing of his incredible skill on the guitar, his tremendous gift of teaching, and his humble, transparent manner in doing so.  He has thousands of fans and followers and customers from all over the globe.  And yet most people he rubs shoulders with have no clue.  

I asked him the other day which he feels more about today - excitement or anxiety?  He said he doesn't feel anxiety, but after it's finally "done", he has no idea how to celebrate it.  It's not like he's working in an office where co-workers can make a big deal about an accomplishment.  He won't win an award or a big trip or an extra commission or any such perk, as many successful business people do.  

So I'm going to celebrate for him right here and now!   Because I'm his mom and I'm proud of him and I think he's a genius and I know that he has put months of work into this project.  Is that ok?  

Here's the cool header on his new website.

And here's a video he made a few weeks ago to let his people know about the coming changes and why.  I love it, and I hope you can take a few minutes to watch it. 



Did I say I'm really proud of him?

This afternoon Dick and I will be heading to Lancaster County.  This is the big annual auction weekend at Manheim Christian Day School where I used to teach.  We'll see friends that we never see any other time.  And some of our kids will be with us too.  It doesn't get much better than that!

Here's the flyer that shows all the events and times.
http://www.manheimchristian.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2014-Auction-Flyer-21.pdf

2 comments:

Mari said...

I follow him on facebook and got the announcement of the change. I really like the new name! You should be proud of him - he's very talented!
Hmm - where might he have gotten that musical and teaching talent from?

Cherdecor said...

You are right to be proud of that boy! He really has talent. We wish the best for him.