In addition to us, also visiting Jeremy was his friend Amber, as well as George. George had been at a conference and was scheduled to fly home on Thursday when EVERYTHING was cancelled due to the snow storm. He and Lisa decided he should spend the weekend with Jeremy and fly home Sunday. He didn't even realize that we were coming too, so it was a nice surprise for all of us to be able to be together. Of course, we wished Lisa and Sophie were there too.
After Jeremy and I got back from the project house, we all loaded into the car and drove to one of Jeremy's stores. His friend Amber is also an interior designer, and there were lots of things to show her. And I was, as always, snapping picture after picture. Just can't help myself.
George, Mike, and I took advantage of the amazing massage chairs. Wow!!!! I was in the cheapest of the three ($2000) and it was more than awesome. One of the ladies that works at the store said she uses one of those chairs every day she's there. That would almost make it worth it to work there, haha!
I promise I wasn't mad! My mouth just curves down when I'm relaxed. At least it wasn't hanging open!
For Jeremy's birthday dinner we went to their favorite little Indian restaurant three doors from their house, Indigo DC. Here's our crew, including the owner's daughter Gracie who entertained us the entire time we were there.
Mike, Dick, good friend Kim, Gracie, Amber, George, and Jeremy.
Then we went to the house and had cake and ice cream, watched Olympics and a movie, and were amused by the dogs Molly and Watson, as well as Kim's big gentle puppy Wynne. A good, good time.
I guess Jeremy was really getting into his own happy birthday song, hahaha!
Good night, Kim and Wynne.
On Sunday morning we went to Capital Hill UMC's worship service. We just love that place. The pastor is such a dynamic speaker, their choir is AMAZING, and they have a tremendous outreach in their urban neighborhood.
From there we drove to Reagan airport and said our goodbyes to George. He had been away from his girls for a whole week and was very eager to get home. Here's a great shot of Jeremy and George.
The rest of us went back to Jeremy's house and then walked a few blocks to Union Station's food court for lunch.
We did some projects around the house and later went to H & Pizza for dinner. What a great pizza place!! Each person orders their own pizza assembly line style. SO MANY choices!! Mine even had eggplant on it - a first for me. Back at the house we watched more of the Olympics until bedtime.
This morning we slept in, then worked on some more house projects. I was painting. Mike had already painted the guest bedroom, but had not painted the edges at the ceiling, around the doors, and against the trim. So that's the part I did. When I finished that room, I started edging the master bedroom, even though the walls have not yet been done in that room.
The finished walls. Next will be new curtains.
I was too busy painting to get many pictures of all that Dick was doing. But I did get one of him caulking the tub.
Around 2:30 this afternoon we had our stuff packed up and were ready to hit the road for home. We said our goodbyes and took parting pictures.
Beautiful Amber.
Mike and Jeremy with their dogs Watson and Molly. Please pray for Mike. He's battling a cold, which is difficult with his compromised immune system due to the kidney transplant he had three years ago. Also, many of the normal remedies are off limits for him.
And old mom and dad!
Leaving the city is always such a beautiful drive. Of course, I had to get my shot of the capital as we rounded a corner.
Our drive home went well, and we stopped for groceries before going home. I think we got here around 8:00. There is another little snow storm on its way here, so we were glad to get home before its arrival.
The big news of the day is that my sister Rose became a grandma for the first time. Her daughter Christy had a BIG baby boy, Elijah David, as we were driving home. We are loving the pictures. Here's the new grandma!
Beautiful Amber.
Mike and Jeremy with their dogs Watson and Molly. Please pray for Mike. He's battling a cold, which is difficult with his compromised immune system due to the kidney transplant he had three years ago. Also, many of the normal remedies are off limits for him.
And old mom and dad!
Leaving the city is always such a beautiful drive. Of course, I had to get my shot of the capital as we rounded a corner.
Our drive home went well, and we stopped for groceries before going home. I think we got here around 8:00. There is another little snow storm on its way here, so we were glad to get home before its arrival.
The big news of the day is that my sister Rose became a grandma for the first time. Her daughter Christy had a BIG baby boy, Elijah David, as we were driving home. We are loving the pictures. Here's the new grandma!















4 comments:
Glad you had such a good time once you finally arrived! What a treat to have George there as well.
How big was the baby? what did he weigh?
I am happy that you got there and back safely. I love Washington! I always hoped to live there one day.
I enjoyed all the pics! LOVE the rooms by Jeremy!!
Have a great week...it was a beautiful day in Lancaster Co today. Wish these temps and sunny skies were here to stay =/
Post a Comment