Saturday, December 14, 2013

Snow Day Saturday

It's snowing again!  I was supposed to be having the final practice for the children's musical today, but now we're down to having it right before church tomorrow morning.  Ugh.  Not exactly the way I like to have things all down pat and practiced a dozen times.  It's so different working with church kids once a week instead of school kids at least three times a week.  But we'll do the best we can.

I decided I'm going to take pictures out the glass of the front door throughout the day to compare the snow.  They said we might get up to 8 inches, but it usually is less than they say.  Here are the first two so far.

9:00 AM


11:00 AM

Boy, has it been cold!!  I thought Thursday was almost unbearable, 19 degrees and breezy in the middle of the afternoon.  My hot flash years are all past, so I just have the hardest time getting warm.  So yesterday I put more layers on, including tights under my jeans.  Wouldn't you know - it stayed in the 30's all day and I was hot, hahaha!  

So today I am staying in the house all day, and I don't care what the temperature is outside.   I'm till in my robe, listening to one of Amy Grant's Christmas CDs, and there is a pine scented candle on the candle warmer.  Nice, nice, nice.

For some reason I got the idea that I was in the mood for a dippy egg this morning.  I have made them for Destiny many times in the past number of years, but I haven't actually eaten one for a long, long time.  It was just as yummy as I remembered, especially with my crusty, toasted Ezekiel bread to dip into it.


Yesterday the sunrise was spectacular.  It looked like the sky was on fire. I did step outside the front door to take a picture of it.  Dick said on Facebook one time that if you ever want to see his wife in her pajamas, just drive by our house at sunrise.  Toooo funny!

The snow that we got last Sunday got a hard glaze of ice on top of it this week.  When the sun was shining on it, it was almost blinding!  Here's a shot I took one morning. 

Since I haven't taken any people pictures, I'll share the ones that have brought me much delight on Facebook this week.  George's 42nd birthday was on Thursday, and Lisa posted this gorgeous picture of them.  She said he doesn't have one gray hair on his head.  He definitely is not a Stauffer!!  He is such a truly wonderful man, husband, father, and son-in-law.  I thank God for him every day and pray God's blessings upon him.  

Lisa also posted the pictures of Sophie's gymnastics photo shoot.  I put some of them into this collage.  Such a sweet, beautiful girl.

Jenn posted this one of Sammy all dressed up to go visit the Christmas Village last evening.  I have no idea how they got him to stand still for this!  Just too cute!!

One of Thyda's friends posted this adorable picture from a banquet they attended this week. I'm still praying about that job for Ray!  

So I'm thinking about letting my hair get a little longer.  Not long.  It's way too thin for that.  And I'm too old.  But just a bit longer.  I started thinking about it after looking at this picture from last month.  I like the length of my sisters' hair better than mine.  But they both have much thicker hair than I do, so I don't know if I'll survive the process.  

I looked back, and it's been at least 10 years since I've had my ears covered up.   How about this bushiness in 2004??  Haha!  Definitely don't want that look!  So we shall see!

Well, on to some other form of indoor fun.  My sewing machine is still sitting out, so I think I'll do something with that.  

By the way!  Are you a non-blogger who would like to leave a comment?  It's easy to do!  Just choose "anonymous", write your comment, and then sign your name if you'd like to.  It's that easy!

4 comments:

Mari said...

It's snowing here too, and very cold. We're getting ready to go to Bob's family Christmas party and I hope it doesn't get too bad before it's time to go home!
I enjoyed all the pictures o the kids and grandkids - all gorgeous kids!
I have the same hair issues as you. Oh for thick hair!

Mary Ellen said...

I think the snow was "prayed away" from Lancaster county! We do not have snow in East Petersburg, even thought the radio keeps posting cancelations!
Jeanie, if you want to be warm, you should buy "cuddl duds" the most wonderful thin but warm tops and bottoms. I have many pair to get me through winter. They fit nicely under your clothes. Many dept. stores have them on sale.

Doris said...

It's frosty outside this morning. I came upstairs to get my camera to take pictures before the sun melts off the ice off the trees....but here I sit reading blogs! We do have church so I should keep moving.
Growing out short hair does take a long time but you can do it! I've been letting mine grow a little longer.... but on Wed. when I had a haircut, I told her to shape it a bit closer in the back. Was just way too much silver!!
Enjoy your day!

Cherdecor said...

I enjoyed all the pictures. I think I know how they got that little Sammy to stand still! They put his hands in his pockets! He is adorable!

Sophie....she is as flexible as a rubber band.

Your hair always looks nice no matter what the length.