Friday, November 22, 2013

Remembering Kennedy; Austin here; Sammy coming; Sophie running

Fifty years!  How incredible.  I was 12 years old, very much protected from current events, but that day is vivid in my memory.  School had just dismissed and as I was coming up the steps after having gotten my coat and lunch box, and someone at the top of the steps called out the news,  "President Kennedy was shot."  There has been a lot of reminiscing on TV this week.  It was sad to hear of the lifetime of depression that Jackie Kennedy's security guard has experienced.  And how interesting the idea that President Kennedy's back brace, which kept him from slumping over after the first shot, may have cost him his life.  And of course, there are still the conspiracy theories.  

I've had another very busy week at the office.  November is definitely the biggest month there, but I will be glad for the extra hours I've put in when I get my paycheck.  And just in time for December!  

Anthony and Lori went to the Catalyst One Day event at LCBC near Manheim yesterday.  How I would love to hear Andy Stanley in person some day.  We had Austin here overnight on Wednesday since they had to leave by 6 am yesterday morning.  

Don't let this innocent look fool you…..

There are a whole lot of tricks up his sleeve!

This evening we'll be meeting Sam and Jenn near Harrisburg and bringing Sammy here for the weekend.  Their friends are having a party in honor of their marriage tomorrow evening.   Then on Sunday afternoon we'll take Sammy along with us to a family gathering at Grandma Mary's.  Sam and Jenn will meet us there.  My sister Barb and her hubby are flying in from Idaho today for a few days.  I can hardly wait to see them on Sunday.  

Here's a great picture of Sophie participating in her school's Patriot Run on Saturday.  This girl has serious SPEED!!  As usual, she blew past everyone else in her age group.  And besides the sprint, she also ran a mile!  Track and field is definitely in her future, maybe even the Olympics!

I'm enjoying posting old pictures on Facebook for Throwback Thursdays.  Here's the one from yesterday.  The reason Jeremy likes Scrabble so much is because Dick got him started young!  It even looks like Jeremy is really concentrating, hahahaha!  

Well, LOTS to do before we have that busy Sammy here for the weekend!  NEXT WEEK is Thanksgiving!!  And we will have a houseful!  Can't wait!

4 comments:

Doris said...

Yes, I think Sophie will be a future Olympian =)
Me too, I'd love to hear Andy Stanley some day!
Your week end will be full! Have fun with Sammy. See you on Sunday -yeah!
We don't know what we'll be doing on Thanksgiving day yet. I bought a turkey in case I'm cooking =)
Enjoy your day!

Mari said...

I love that picture of Sophie! It's going to be interesting to see what the future holds for her.
Your weekend sounds wonderful - have fun!

Cherdecor said...

At least that little trickster is eating well.....that little cutie!

Sophie, WOW! She is a little cheetah! Go girl!

Have a great time with Sammy this weekend. He is such a happy boy.

simply bev said...

House full of family for Thanksgiving - that's the best!