Friday, January 25, 2013

Birthday Week

This is a birthday week in our family.  Last Thursday (17th) was Austin's, this Thursday (24th) was Sophie's, and today (25th) is Lisa's.  

Lisa had called me in the wee hours of that morning in 2005 to let us know that she was in labor and they were going to the hospital.  But I had to go to school and try to concentrate on teaching!  At that time I did not have a computer in my classroom, so I would run to the computer lab every chance I got to check my email.  I will never forget opening my email just as a herd of middle schoolers were entering the computer lab, and there was a picture of Sophie.  I yelled, "THERE SHE IS!!!"  And the kids all tried to crowd around the computer to see her!  

There were no computers or cell phones when I had Lisa!  But they did have a phone in the delivery room at the hospital.  For some reason I did not want our parents to know I was in labor (it only started around midnight anyway).  After Lisa was born (around 5:30 am) and they put her in my arms, they brought us the phone.  I think I might have let Dick call his parents, but I wanted to call my parents myself.  It was so much fun hearing my dad's surprise!  They shouldn't have been surprised.  Good grief, I was two weeks overdue and beginning to wonder if women really do go into labor!  What precious memories I have from that day!  At that point, being a mom was all I had hoped and dreamed for.  I secretly hoped for a girl first, although I don't think I ever said that out loud to anyone but Dick.  And I just couldn't believe how adorable this tiny little girl in my arms was.  Sigh.  I'd start all over again if that were possible, hahahaha!

On Thursday evening I was with Lori and Austin, and we made this Happy Birthday video for the Florida birthday girls.



This was SUCH a cold week!!!  It's so easy to feel unmotivated and blah. One morning I just felt like I needed something funny and fun, so I created this collage of my sisters Doris, Barb, and me for Facebook.  I had a number of wrong and right guesses.  If you didn't see it there, let me know how you think we match up with our childhood pic!


We got snow again today, probably just a few inches.  I was able to get all the running I had to do today finished before the roads had snow on them.  I was so glad to be home.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to your girls! They are both beautiful blessings.
The video is cute and I'm sure they loved it.
Snow has been falling almost non-stop here. We've gotten 16 inches so far this week.

Doris said...

I felt totally unmotivated too....being cold will do it! I couldn't bring myself to work upstairs where i should have been.

Our birthday month is March...Corey, Marcy, me and Scott.

Have a great week end!Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to all the birthday people! I am sure the Florida girls had a big smile on their faces while watching the video!
Good job, Austin!
Cheryl