This was pretty much a regular week, filled with plenty of work at the church office, working on music for Christmas at Houserville, piano lessons, Fillmore's cantata practice, etc. Oh, and getting our tree decorated, as well as a few things around the house. Here are some pics I took.
I got rid of a lot of Christmas stuff in the process of downsizing, so our tree and other things are pretty simple. But it's enough to make me happy.
Last week Destiny called to tell me her glasses got broken. She really needs glasses to see the board at school, and her mom's schedule is extreme this year as she is going to Empire Beauty School in addition to working full time. So I made an appointment at the place I've always taken her near the Park City mall in Lancaster. I tried for an appointment for this morning (Saturday), but none were available, so I took the Friday at 5:30 that they had available.
So I left here around noon yesterday, getting to her house in Reading right when she should have been getting home from school. I didn't realize she was staying for the after-school homework program until 4:00, so we left Reading later than I had hoped. Just as I suspected, the traffic for MILES before we got to the mall was backed up, due to rush hour and Christmas shopping. I was thinking how I do not miss all that traffic since we've moved away from there. We did get to the appointment on time, she picked out her glasses, they were able to get them made in a little over an hour, which gave us time to go to the food court of the mall for our favorite thing - Chinese food. We went back to get her glasses, which she LOVED, and headed back to Reading. Her mom wanted her back home overnight. We had a lot of fun together, even though it was so short. And I didn't take one picture of her!! Rats!!
Really, I was praising the Lord for the way everything turned out. I was afraid we would end up having heavy rain and fog, I was afraid they would not be able to have her glasses made on the same day, I wasn't even sure where I was going to sleep. But neither the rain nor the fog were bad at all, and Sam and Jenn were very happy to offer me their comfortable sofa for the night. I got to their place around 8:45 and Sammy was already sleeping, so I told them to go out on a date and I would babysit. So everything ended up just great.
Here are some cute pictures I took this morning before I headed back home to State College.
He has this "sword" that needs several batteries, but the cover is missing, so they easily fall out. He sat there and worked and worked and worked at trying to get those batteries back in again. I thought it was amazing determination and manual dexterity for a fourteen-month-old!
I got back home around 2:00 this afternoon. I got much-needed groceries and did some other shopping.
Dick tried his luck at deer hunting again this afternoon, but once again they all avoided him. So I guess no venison for us this year, since this was the last day of the season.
3 comments:
that is something how a 14 month old can figure things out.I guess they whatch how things are done by watching us and are so smart and put 2 and 2 together.
Wish you could have gone to Modern Eyes but not sure thsy can make glasses right away. Happy it all worked out for you. Sammy is sooooo cute!
I'm sure Destiny appreciates those glasses. It was nice of you to help.
That Sammy is something! I'm impressed by his battery skills.
Post a Comment