Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Florida Vacation, Day Four - Magic Kingdom!

On Sunday morning we started off with a breakfast buffet, after which we went to the dock to catch a ferry to Magic Kingdom.  It was a beautiful, sunny morning.

Here it comes!



Magic Kingdom!

We stopped first of all at a shop to get a back pack to carry our stuff in.  Dick found what he wanted!!

Our first visit was to the Swiss Family Treehouse. 

The bedroom.

The kitchen.

We went on a Jungle Cruise where our hostess had us laughing the entire ride with her wit and puns.  If only wish I could remember them!



Lisa sat out while we went on The Magic Carpets of Aladdin.  


Next was Pirates of the Caribbean. 


Lisa and I both sat out while they went on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.  I don't do roller coasters anymore, and Lisa was trying to get rid of a head ache. The scenery was nice while we waited.

Then we went on  the Liberty Square Riverboat, a real steamboat.






Somewhere in there we ate lunch.

Then we went on the "It's a Small World" ride.  A little girl in the car behind us was singing along with the song at the top of her lungs during the entire ride.  It was SO CUTE!!


The last thing I have pictures of are from the speedway.  Here's Dick in his race car.....


....and here's Sophie!!  George was with her, but the second time around she did all the driving!  Watch out, world!

Our last two stops were the Tomorrowland People Mover and the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.  Both a lot of fun, but I guess I was tired of taking pictures!  

Here's our official Magic Kingdom photo.  I think I left my copy of it at Lisa's house, so this is just a picture of a picture taken with my cell phone for Facebook that day.

We were a tired, sleepy bunch on the drive home that evening.  Of all things, in addition to playing Angry Birds on Grandpa's phone, Sophie LOVED following the little blue dot on Google Maps as we drove!  We picked up some yummy Indian food on the way home and ate it at their house with George's mom Sharyn, who had already picked up the dogs and brought them home. 

What a weekend!  Totally above and beyond our regular life, and certainly above and beyond what George and Lisa needed to do for us.  But we LOVED it and appreciated it and will always hold the memories of it in our hearts. 

2 comments:

Mari said...

What fun! I'm so glad that you got to visit and have such a good time!

Doris said...

What a fun vacation!! So happy for you. The cabin is so cute, taking a ferry - how cool, It's a Small World - wonderful memories of that ride when we were there so very long ago!!

Welcome Home....hope the rest of your week flows smoothly.