Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fun Sunday

We had a very fun, very short time with Destiny here Saturday evening to Monday morning.  I wish I had taken a picture of her Sunday morning at church - so beautiful.  Her friend Cassie from Houserville came home with us after church for lunch. Then we went back to Houserville for a "building storm windows / ice cream party".



The weather was unusually cool on Sunday and we had an afternoon downpour, but then the sun came out and it got warmer for a bit.  In the evening we went to the airport playground with Anthony, Lori, and Austin.  Our friends from Fillmore, Peg and Bill, showed up with their little Chiweenie (cross between Chihuahua and Dachshund).  At one point they let him run and it was hilarious!!!  He was so little and so fast.


Yesterday I took Destiny home to Reading.  She loves to watch where we're going on Googlemaps on my phone.  She also entertained me by reading books to me that I used to read to her!  

She's started cheer leading now and has practice every week day.  She showed me some of her cheers - just adorable!  I hope we can sometime go to a game and watch her with her squad.  Next week she starts middle school and is so eager and excited.  Where has the time gone?

And speaking of school - yesterday was Sophie's first day of school for the year, now in second grade, and her first experience of riding a school bus!  Another excited girl!  And again, where has the time gone??

1 comment:

Doris said...

Destiny is getting so tall! How wonderful that she can be involved in cheering. She will be good at it. Have a great week!