Monday, July 02, 2012

Stauffer Camping 2012 pictures

Camping - tent camping, no less, in humid 90 degree weather would be unthinkable to many.  But when you're part of this Stauffer family and you live in this general area of PA and you've been camping together every year for decades, you just do it no matter the weather, and you have fun anyway.  And that's just what we did this past weekend at Camp Hebron near Harrisburg.  Here's a picture of the 32 of us who were together.

This group includes Dick's dad and stepmother Arlene; his brother Steve (bright green shirt - next to Lori), his wife Faye and two of their children, their spouses and six grandchildren;  Dick's brother Jim (top row, dark green shirt), his wife Carolyn and four of their five young adult children;  Dick's brother Fred (lime green shirt and cast on his leg), his wife Deb, and two of their children plus their significant others and one grandchild; and of course us (Dick didn't get the green shirt memo, I guess!) and Anthony, Lori, and  Austin.  Now believe it or not, there were around 50 people missing!!  I guess that means this family now numbers in the 80's!! 

Don't worry, I was not crazy enough to sleep in a tent.  Last year, since Grandpa was recovering from his stroke,  Dick's parents rented a mobile home on the camp grounds.  They rented it again this year, but had to share it with the injured and recovering!  In addition to me and my shoulder, Dick's brother Fred broke his ankle last week playing softball.  We called this the infirmary!

And now, enjoy the pictures of the fun, the food, the children, the love.




















 

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Looks like fun!! Glad you had an infirmary! A family of boys can still tent camp - the Stauffers, a family of girls needs A/C - the Witmers!

Doris said...

Oh my word, how true is Mary Ellen's comment!! Give me the a/c any day..hahahaha!!
So glad you had a wonderful time!

Mari said...

I love this! You and Dick are both blessed with such wonderful families and I love seeing you spend time together.
I noticed that in the group shot, you are positioned so well that we can't see the splint. :)
Hope no one needs that infirmary next year!

Justabeachkat said...

I know you know this Jean, but you are so very lucky and blessed to be able to spend so much quality time with so many of your family members...even in HOT weather.

Hope your healing is going well.

Big hugs,
Kat