Sunday, May 13, 2012

I love being a mom and a grandma

Well, there was more excitement around here than a new toaster oven this weekend, haha!  Sam, Jenn, and Sammy and Destiny came for the weekend.  Sammy is like a ball of sunshine!  I'm more in love with him than ever.  He clearly just adores me, and you know how that wins a grandma's heart!


On Friday evening Dick took Destiny to the Y to do some more rock wall climbing.


Saturday morning we hung out at the house.

Oh, sorry, Grandma, you missed my bath.

I was just getting ready to climb out!

We spent the afternoon at the Spring Lawn Fete that was held at Houserville House of Hope.


Sammy and Destiny had fun with the rhythm instruments under the big tent.


It was perfect weather for a cookout later in the day.




Jammie time.



We went to Hoss's for our Mother's Day lunch.  Anthony joined us.  Lori had already made plans to take her friend Sherrie (mother of Austin's little twin girlfriends) out for a special Mother's Day lunch at Nittany Lion Inn, so she and Austin weren't with us for lunch.  

You wanted my cute face in the picture, didn't you, Grandma?

I miss him already.  He just has the sweetest, happiest personality and he's so tremendously squeezable and kissable.  

I took a good Mother's Day nap after they left.  And then my next dose of sunshine came to visit!  That smile of Austin's is like a 100 watt light bulb!

He still loves his hulahoops.

But even more, he loves Grandpa's shed.  He was pretending it was an elevator. 


Lori had to fly to Wisconsin this evening to speak at a conference tomorrow, so Anthony and Austin hung out with us this evening.  Austin knows the way into my heart too.  When we said goodby this evening and I told him I love him, he answered, "I love you too," as he went out the door.   

I also had a loud, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!" from Sophie as Lisa and I talked on the phone this evening.  I said,  "Thank you, Sophie," to which I heard a loud, "YOU'RE WELCOME!!"  She sounded like she was in a crazy mood.  I think they were in the pool.  

And on another level of affection, I got a handwritten card from  Destiny that she bought at the Spring Lawn Fete yesterday.  It said,  "Thank you so much for being in my life from the minute I was born. Love, Destiny"  Wow, I can't even write that without tears. 

I LOVE BEING A MOM AND A GRANDMA!!

3 comments:

Mari said...

What a wonderful weekend! I want to squeeze Sammy too. He looks so cute with that hat on. :)
And Austin is just growing up - and he's so handsome!
Love the loving you got from Destiny and Sophie too - you have an amazing family.

Doris said...

What a neat week-end...and you didn't need to travel to get it =)I love it, too, when the Grands say I love you. Aidan often says it and he says he can't wait till we live together. So sweet!

Sammy is sooooo cute! And Austin, how handsome he is!

Have a wonderful week!

Tonja said...

Jean, that baby is too full of squishy love! I'd be pinching those cheeks all the time! So sweet! These pics shout HAPPY FAMILY to me! Wow, did that card tear you up or what? You are indeed blessed!