Monday, March 19, 2012

Sister Weekend

What perfect weather for a sister weekend!  This March will definitely be remembered as way too good to be true!! 

Mary Ellen and Doris arrived around 11 AM on Saturday morning.  We spent the afternoon doing our favorite things - shopping and laughing.  It does not take much, believe me, to get us laughing till we can hardly breathe.  Just put us in a car together and something is bound to happen that gets us started.  

Lori, Anthony, and Austin joined us for dinner.  What's the best way to eat a mini-cupcake?


Why,  top first, of course!

Lori got caught up on family news from Doris and Mary Ellen.   Later Anthony gave us a very helpful, informative computer session on Facebook settings and privacy.   He's thinking of making a video about it.  Sound like something you could use?


After Anthony, Lori, and Austin went home we watched The Help.  Lots of laughter again, and plenty of tears.  Mary Ellen lived in Mobile, Alabama in the early seventies, so there is much that feels very familiar to her in that movie.  We stayed up way too late talking afterward.  But what are sister weekends for, anyway?
 
On Sunday morning we went to church at both Fillmore and Houserville, where everyone was once again super-friendly and welcoming.  I love taking family and friends to our churches.  At Houserville we sisters sang Because He Lives, accompanied by  Dick on the 12-string.  I just love singing with my sisters.

After church we went to the Waffle Shop in Bellefonte for a delicious Brunch.  But not before we took them on some thrill rides on the steep hills within the town of Bellefonte.   It was seriously like being on a roller coaster.  You just hope the front of the car is heavy enough to keep it from flipping back over.  And I am not exaggerating.  I don't know how people live in that town. 

Our waitress said,  "You girls have a good afternoon," when she handed us our bill.  Dick said,  "What about me?"  She said, "You're with three women.  You're already having a good day."  Hahahahaha!

From there we went to the beautiful park in Bellefonte.....


....and acted like tourists.

Dick stood next to this gnarly old tree and said,  "Here are the two oldest things in Bellefonte."  


I guess we just can't get enough of ourselves.  (-:

I had time for a good nap after they left for home around 3:00.  Our next visitor came three hours later - our friend Tuwana from Harrisonburg, VA.  She was spending the weekend with her friend in Belleville (45 minutes from here) and came to spend the evening with us.   This pic was taken the last time she was here a year-and-a-half ago.

The coolest thing was that it was our evening for the monthly praise service at Fillmore, so she (also a worship leader) came along and played Dick's 12-string along with our little band.  That's our favorite thing to do together, so the timing was just perfect.  We had a wonderful evening jamming and worshiping.

4 comments:

Mari said...

What a wonderful weekend! I love spending time with my sisters and we also laugh a lot when we're together.
I just loved seeing and reading The Help.
So much talent in your family - music, video making. Austins talent is looking cute and making me smile!

Doris said...

You beat me to a post! I'll get to it soon =)

It was a wonderful time...let's do it aagain!

Joanne said...

sounds like a bunch of fun glad you can get together and enjoy fun and companionship.

Barb said...

Oh I am so jealous! It sounds like such a fun weekend! And what wonderful weather you had to make it even better.