Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another "treasure"; Uncle Paul

One of the places my sisters and I went to on Saturday was the Goodwill Thrift Store.  Mary Ellen had told me ahead of time she wants to go to the Goodwill store where I find all my treasures.  I warned her that there are many times that I make a quick round through the store and find nothing.  

I don't know if either of my sisters found any treasures, but I spied a vase.  As soon as I saw it I knew exactly where it belonged - at the corner of my tub.  The colors on the vase are those in the picture hanging above the tub.


Remember when my sisters and I sang for our uncle Paul Myers a couple of months ago?   He had been recently diagnosed with cancer at that point.  This past weekend he passed away.  I will be going to his funeral in Lancaster tomorrow.  

Here's a good picture of Uncle Paul (red tie) and some of his family a few years ago.  His wife is in the pink sweater.

Here he is (dark blue shirt) with three of his siblings this past September. 
 
These are my mother's brothers and sister.  There were ten sibings.  Now only three are on this earth.  Even though my mom went to Heaven almost thirty years ago, her brothers and sisters have always loved and cared about and been interested in us and our families, especially Uncle Paul.  I'm so glad I could rearrange my schedule to be able to go tomorrow.  He has a sweet wife Polly, three sons, two daughters, seven grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren.  My heart aches for them all.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I'm sorry about your loss. I also have a big family - 10 siblings for my mom and 11 for my Dad. What a blessing to have all those uncles and aunts.

Joanne said...

great pictures, I will see you tomorrow. yes its sad that on 3 remain now, but they all are in a better place. but we are of course going to Miss him so much, he always was so caring , Paul and mom talked on the phone every week.