Yesterday afternoon there was a knock at my door. It was a good friend from the Fillmore church asking if we would like to go to the Trans-Siberian concert at the Bryce Jordan Center. He and his wife had tickets, but a family need had come up and they were unable to go. Wow!! Dick and I had been wistfully watching the ads for that concert the past few weeks, but knew that there was no money in our budget for something like that. I couldn't believe we were going!!
And the seats were really good too! There were only two down-sides to the evening. First of all, the person in front of me was overbearing and chatty and overly dramatic. And secondly, I already had a slight headache when we got there. It did not get better! The concert was INCREDIBLE!!!! But it was loud, which I really was okay with. It was the flashing lights and lasers that eventually got to me after two-and-a-half hours. But really, it was just amazing. They are outrageously talented, and sometimes the extra effects were absolutely stunning. Here are some pictures and then two short videos we took.
This morning I went to Anthony and Lori's to pick up Austin. The road that we drive on between their place and ours is named Rock Road, and at one point it goes underneath very high overpasses, which Austin just LOVES. He calls them the Rock Road bridges. As we drove toward my place this morning, he was singing a song about going to Grandma's house on the Rock Road Bridges. It was so CUTE. I so wished I could have recorded it.
4 comments:
I love TSO! My daughter Heather has tickets to go when they come to Grand Rapids. What a nice thing to give you and Dick.
I would have loved to hear Austin's song. He is really gifted and I can't wait to see what he does with this musical talent!
wow,that would have been great to see and hear.
What a gift!! So sorry you had a headache, though. I have always thought that concert would be a good one to go to.....but like you, we only keep it in our thoughts =)
You know, Jean, that you can go to Boscovs and buy the lights and soundtrack and put them on your house for Christmas so people can drive slowly by and listen to the music and watch the lights! That would be so much fun!
I am glad that you got to go and hear the TSO in person. What a treat!
You have started celebrating the season early this year.
Post a Comment