Friday, October 07, 2011

Trip to Orlando, part one

Warning!!  There are a lot of pictures ahead!  A week ago today Lori, Austin, and I left from the little State College airport for her conference, and of course Disney, in Orlando.  Austin was just toooo cute that day, and quite a head-turner with his little backpack on wheels!


He took a good nap on the longer flight from Philly to Orlando.  So did I.  I woke up with my mouth hanging open, and I was in an aisle seat.  Ughhhh.

We met up with Lisa, George, and Sophie, as well as George's mother Sharyn that evening for burgers in Downtown Disney.


We were all incredulous when we saw the condo we'd be staying in.  These condos were built to be sold, but because the housing market in that area has gone completely south, they just started renting them out to tourists.  At an unbelievable price!  We had four bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths, an amazing hot tub and pool.  We LOVED it!!



Saturday morning we headed to Magic Kingdom with Lisa and family.  This was a first for Austin and me!  Actually, I think it was Lori's first time too.



My first view of the iconic castle.  


Everywhere we turned there were amazing sights, gorgeous autumn decorations, parades, music, rides, people, little girls dressed like princesses....  We couldn't possibly see the half of it!






The Magic Carpet ride.


The best coffee floats EVER!  (Sophie's was a pineapple float.)

Hulahoops!!



Later in the day we took a shuttle to Epcot.  

By that time Austin was in this mood!

So we split up, Lisa and family took in the wine and food tasting festival in the many different countries represented there.  Lori and I took Austin to some really cool rides and shows - Nemo, Turtle Talk, etc.  Actually, what he liked most was walking around on ledges, going up and down elevators and escalators,  under bridges, getting his feet wet, simple stuff you could do anywhere!

We met up with Lisa and family at closing time and took a boat ride back to their hotel where our car was parked.  Why, oh why did I not pull out my camera?????  It was incredibly beautiful seeing everything lit up against the waters of the lake.  It was like being at the Baltimore Harbor.  What an amazing place!!

We were EXHAUSTED when we finally got back to our condo, but alas, our coffee floats kicked into gear right about midnight, and both Lori and I had trouble falling asleep.  

So that was day one and two of our trip.  More later!

1 comment:

Mari said...

The condo is incredible! I can see that Disneyland was great, but I bet the best was watching your grandkids enjoy it!