I'm not sure it's possible to pack more good stuff into a weekend than I just did! Before I even go back to Saturday's activities, here is a picture to feast your eyes on from today - our newest grandchild - Sammy.
But before I tell you about him, I must go back to Saturday. God once again showed me how much He cares about the little things. Destiny had called me last week to say that she would not be able to take violin lessons at school unless she provided her own violin. The school does not have enough instruments for every 4th and 5th grader that wants to take lessons, and since she already had a chance with a school-owned flute last year, she would have to provide her own instrument this year. She told me all about a paper they sent home with info about renting instruments from a music store. I had to tell her that I could not help with something that would require monthly payments, but that I would look on Craigslist. (I was thinking, "What's the chance there would even be anything advertised that would be her size that we could afford?") Oh ye of little faith! When I looked on Craigslist, there it was - a 3/4 violin at a price too good to be true. I emailed, heard back a day or two later that someone else was also interested in it. But I kept asking the Lord for it. On Saturday morning when Destiny was here, I got a phone call from the violin seller - the other interested party had never gotten back to her. It was still for sale! Later Destiny and I drove the 20 minutes and bought the violin and very nice case for $10 less than advertised because it needed a new string and new rosin for the bow. We went to the music store where they put the new string on and assured me that, while it was not a high quality instrument, I had not over paid for it, and it was good for a beginner. All for the cost of just two months of rent! Destiny was in heaven as she took that bow over those strings and pretended she was playing a lively dance piece! I'm so sorry I somehow forgot to take a picture. I just love how God "orchestrated" that lady's circumstances and ours in such a timely way.
Now on to our Sunday! At 1:37 AM I was awakened by the ding of a text message on my cell phone. It was from Sam. They were at the hospital, Jenn's water had broken, she was 1 cm. dilated. I tried, but it was no use. I could not go back to sleep after that. My mind was running full steam ahead. I finally got up around 2:30 and got to work. I made chicken corn noodle soup for our Sunday lunch at Houserville House of Hope. I worked on another song that the praise team will be doing in a few weeks. I did end up getting another hour of sleep before it was time to get up for church.
We went to Fillmore first, as usual, then Houserville House of Hope. We had lunch at Houserville, because they were setting up for the afternoon event - Jubilee Fest. But my brain was turning to cotton by that time, so I did not stay for the festivities. I went to Anthony and Lori's house nearby and took a wonderful nap. Here are pictures from Houserville. The first one is of Destiny singing a solo during the offertory.
The Jubilee Fest was an absolutely wonderful family afternoon - activities for all to enjoy. Card making, massages, jewelry making, dance, games, martial arts, cupcake decorating, nail care.
This church really knows how to have fun with their community, and I love it!
3 comments:
So excited about your new grandson. He is adorable. I'm at Bree and Jay's and it's hard to do much blogging, but I had to see if you posted more photos.
Love how God orchestrated getting the violin for Destiny!
Hugs,
Kat
What a weekend - and it ended perfectly! Sammy is adorable!
Sweet little boy =) Our little one will be here soon too.
Wow - I have never bought anything from craigslist, you did good! God is good!
Can't wait to hear more about yesterday!
Post a Comment