Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer buzz cut, hard work, lots of good news

I wasn't very happy with the job my girl at Empire Beauty School did on my hair four weeks ago.  I was already feeling shaggy.  So I decided to go on a day that I knew she wouldn't be there, and try someone else instead.  I went in this morning, and told the girl assigned to me that I needed to be trimmed up a bit, that I don't like when I have to push my bangs to the side to keep them out of my eyes.

Well, I walked out of there an hour or so later feeling like I'd just gotten my summer buzz cut.  Yikes!!  I won't need to be pushing my bangs out of my eyes for a loooong time!  I felt pretty upset, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Dick has just put in two days of HARD LABOR, digging up plants from Lori and Anthony's flower beds and transplanting them here.  He's sunburned and sore.  Our plants don't look like they appreciate being transplanted.  Hopefully they'll get over it and perk up.

We had several items of good news for our family this week.  First off, Miki's son, 15-year-old Bjorn has been chosen to represent Sweden in an American football tournament in Canton Ohio this summer!  Here's a picture of the big spread about him in their newspaper today.  I think I'm a pretty proud grandma!!

And today Sam and Jennifer found out that their baby, due in October, is a boy.  I just have to remind Sam that even though it's a boy, he will not be able to throw football with him right away, hahahaha!!

And more good news!  We will be getting visitors from Florida!  On Sunday Lisa, George, Sophie, and Nilla Bean will be leaving on a two-week road trip.  They'll be visiting Charlotte, NC where they had lived ten years ago, Washington DC (Jeremy), the Philly area (George's family), Manheim (the grandparents), State College (US!!!!!), and Atlanta (my sister Rose's family).  I'm so looking forward to it!

And more immediately, I'm looking forward to being in Lancaster County this weekend with Destiny (finally!), and lots of family, and seeing Dick's dad's progress first hand. 

5 comments:

Dianne said...

Funny thing is, you are probably going to get used to that haircut and have a hard time letting it grow out again! :) Congrats on all the good news! That's fabulous about Bjorn...WOW! Hope you enjoy your visit with Lisa, George and Sophie! She's still such a cutie!

Mari said...

Good news day! How exciting for Bjorn and Miki. (and Grandma too!)
So - you and Kat are having Grandsons. I haven't posted yet, but Laura and Aaron are having a girl. It's all exciting!

Tonja said...

That makes 3...grandsons, that is. Me, Kat and you! Well that'll be 2 for you!...and more!
You'll love the haircut when you get used to it!

Have fun with Destiny!

Doris said...

Your haircut is cute! So summer-y =) I bet you will end up liking it.

I like your good news...all of it! We don't know what Marcy is having yet. Can't wait to know!

Cherdecor said...

Ooh for goodness sake! That is the cutest haircut I have ever seen! That is a great summer cut!

That news about Bjorn really rocks! All the way from Sweden to Ohio......that is great!

Poor Dick, Alan can sympathize.

Your family news is so exciting!
Fun days ahead for you.