Another rainy week. Sigh. I wish my mood and motivation were not so affected by the weather. I've decided that I still have a long way to go to be able to honestly say, "The joy of the Lord is my strength." I'm afraid a more honest version would be, "The joy of good weather is my strength." Ridiculous, I know.
But in good or bad weather, there's always Austin. We got a good laugh when I was taking his shirt off before his nap and it stuck on his head like a hat.
Today, after he was finished going potty, he was determined that he had to wipe himself, no help from Grandma. He kept saying, "Wipe da bum. Wipe da bum. Wipe da bum." It struck me so funny, I could not stop laughing, and the more I laughed, the more he laughed. He's just way too cute.
Here's another bright spot - the flowers Anthony and Lori gave me for Mother's Day are still almost as beautiful as new. I'm amazed how long they're lasting - even the one rose on the upper left.
I've been working on music prep for a prayer and praise service we will be having at Fillmore UM on Sunday evening. I'm so looking forward to it. I was also asked to sub for the pianist at Houserville UM on Sunday morning. It's nice to be busy doing music (but not as crazy busy as I was for many years.)
5 comments:
I love the Austin stories. "Wipe da bum" is hilarious!
Hope the sun shines on you tomorrow. :)
Oh my word, Austin is just too funny!!
I know how you feel about the weather. We are living in what is suppose to be sunny Idaho but it just keeps raining and it's too cold for my liking! I've thought about visiting Andrea for a month or so till our weather decides to get nice but I don't suppose that will happen.
Austin is so adorable. I can see how he can make you laugh. Your flowers are so pretty. I agree the weather definitely has a way of affecting my mood too.
Hugs,
Kat
Yup.....rain and cool again. sigh
Austin is soooo cute! I'm thrilled you get to do music too!
I'm going to try to be motivated today.....
Austin is so cute! He IS sunshine!
I'm glad you get to play the piano for these churches. I know they really appreciate your gift. I know that I did when I heard you play.
Post a Comment