Thursday, April 07, 2011

Singing for Dad

Yesterday morning Dick's brother Fred woke up with the idea of trying to get all five Stauffer brothers at the hospital at the same time so they could sing for their dad.  As I said in my last post, Bob flew in from Minnesota on Tuesday and Dick drove down yesterday. The other three brothers, Steve, Jim, and Fred, live in the Lititz/Manheim area.

It did work out to do so yesterday in the late afternoon. Dick said they sang for about 20 minutes. I am sure they sounded amazing as they sang four-part harmony in their strong voices.  Wish I could have been there.  He said there were nursing staffers standing at the partially closed door listening to them.  Here's a picture of the other four brothers that Dick took with his cell phone - Fred, Jim, Bob, Steve.


Or as they were known here: Dickie, Bobby, Stevie, Jimmy, and Freddie!  See if you can match them up.  Dick is the oldest, the one in the dark suit.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot of news about dad.  Nothing has been said about when he will be moved to rehab.  We so look forward to that.

I am all excited about something that's growing on top of my fridge.  Would you believe, I have never before started flowers indoors?  I decided this year that since finances are tight and we have to start flower beds completely from scratch, I can at least try.  So Dick planted some marigold seeds in an egg carton a couple of weeks ago.  We are like two kids as we spy those little green things popping up everywhere!  (You probably have to click on the picture to be able to see them!)
 
If they do well, I'll share their progress with you.  If they don't, you probably won't hear about them again, haha!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I would love to hear them sing! Sometime when they are together again, you should video them and post it.

Tonja said...

Awww, I hate Dick wasn't in the picture with his brothers. Hope they did manage to make one of all of them together! I'll bet that music sounded heavenly to their Dad. After all, it was his 'angel boys' singing!

Hope you are getting some warmer weather there and are not so unhappy. But, not to feel guilty, my friend. It helps to get those frustrated feelings out...so there's room for the joy to come in! Least that's the way I look at it! So, it must be right:-)

Cherdecor said...

Singing for their dad was a thoughtful thing to do. I know that he really loved it. I wished I could have heard them sing.