I went to bed last night breathing prayers for Ray's safety. When I awoke in the wee hours of the morning I thought of him and prayed. I knew that his ship is based in a very dangerous area. And that "security" is his official job in the Navy.
This morning I was sad to read the news that the four Americans who had been captured by the Somali pirates had been killed during the night. I read how the US forces had boarded the yacht after the gunshots to come to their aid, and how they took the pirates captive.
Later today I was told that Ray had been one of those US forces. I found a video this evening on the news that shows some of our guys on that yacht and there is the briefest view of one who looks and handles himself so much like Ray. I have watched it over and over and over and over again, pausing it, enlarging it, making it go forward and backward. I have no doubt that the protection of the Lord is with him and that he senses it.
Thyda is longing to hear from him. We cried together on the phone this evening. My heart aches for her. At the same time my heart is bursting with pride for him. As he comes to your mind, please lift him to the Lord.

2 comments:
I know he was on your mind last night because you mentioned it on my pictures of Andy.
Will keep praying for him, and Thyda too (along with you and Dick!)
Praying, Jean.....praying.
Post a Comment