Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quick trip, packed with goodness

On Friday evening we left for a quick trip to Lancaster County to spend a little bit of time with Destiny,

to stay overnight at Grandma Mary's house and receive some of her warm love and delicious food,

also for my hair appointment, where I took these pictures of some of their beautiful Christmas decor.

This afternoon we went to my nephew's house for a very small family gathering - just we Pennsylvania siblings (my brother and his wife, my sister Mary Ellen, my sister Doris and her husband, Dick and I) plus my stepmother, my nephew's family, and Destiny.  We spent a lot of time singing Christmas carols.  My nephew's son Josh used to be one of my middle school guitar players, so he got out his guitar and played along.  It sounded really good.

Dick and I drove back home this evening.  Tomorrow is a big day - regular church service in the morning and cantata in the afternoon. 

3 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds like you had another great day - with lots of music and love!
Have a great time at the cantata.

Doris said...

I'm happy we could be part of your quick trip! Looking forward to spending time with you on your next trip to Lancaster Co.

Was thinking about you today....can't wait to hear how it went!

Cherdecor said...

Grandma Mary looks like a very warm and lovely person and so does her kitchen with the golden casserole on the counter. What a picture!