I'm so thankful for a cozy house this morning. It sounds like a blizzard outside, but there's no snow - just wind. Here's a picture I took last night of Destiny's newest craft - latch hooking. She LOVES doing it. So did my kids when they were young, especially Anthony! It's such an easy way for kids to create something that looks amazing when they're finished. Destiny's will be a butterfly, and she wants to make it into a pillow to give her teacher.
I seldom have dreams I can make sense of or remember very well after I've woken up. But Saturday and Sunday nights I did, and they were NIGHTMARES!!
Saturday night I must have been feeling a bit of anxiety about playing piano for the first time at our new church. In my dream it seemed I was at a big church that we had traveled to. We were getting dressed in classrooms in the basement. I decided I needed to run up to the sanctuary to make sure my music was ready, and when I did, I discovered there were already people sitting in the sanctuary. And not only that - I looked down and I had no skirt or pants on!!! So I ran down to the basement in humiliation, only to look in a mirror and notice that I had not done my hair or makeup yet. And THEN I discovered that I had forgotten to bring my blue bag in which I always pack my hair and face stuff. I saw Dick in the hallway and told him I had nothing to do my hair and face with, that I needed to find someone I could borrow things from. My sister Mary Ellen was standing there, looking at me sternly. She said, "We are going to have to have a TALK!" I thought, "Oh, no, she's going to tell me I have to slow down and not have so much stress in my life." But then I was thinking, "But I already DID do that! Why do we have to talk about that now??" I did manage to borrow a comb from someone, and I just did a quick fix to my hair and decided I would just have to go up and play piano without make up. And then I woke up, SO RELIEVED that I had plenty of time and all my necessary stuff for getting myself ready for church. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
The next night I dreamed that Dick and I were walking through a humongous, old, falling apart house that we were buying. I can still picture room after room of wall paper falling off, peeling paint, beds, bunk beds, kids still sleeping in them, an apartment to be rented out. We talked with a lady downstairs and Dick was signing papers. I said, "And how much did we pay for this thing?" He said, "$157,000." I said, "You are kidding!" We walked outside to the ugly yard, I looked up at the roof and said, "Probably as soon as we move in, the roof will start leaking." I was thinking, "Why are we doing this? We finally had a beautiful, new house that was paid for. And now we're starting over with something like this that needs so much work. And we're heading into our sixties!" Again, I woke up and was SO RELIEVED that we had not just signed any papers for a big old, falling apart house!
Definitely dreams that I am not hoping to have come true!!

5 comments:
Funny! I've had those dreams about not being fully dressed and finding myself in public. Yeesh!
I remember doing latch hook rugs - what fun!
Your dreams are so funny! On Christmas Eve I was in such a hurry to get dressed that after getting into the van I said, "I hope I have all my clothes on!"
Your dreams are funny....but I know the relief to wake up and not have it be real!
My recent dream had me going to the mailbox to find my wallet.... it was completely empty. I didn't know it was missing! So glad it was a dream!!
I do not like wind! It wasn't as bad yesterday as the day before. My wreath is missing from the kitchen door......who knows where it blew to!!
Bless your heart, Jean.
They say that your dreams are very telling about the state of mind you are in and how you are dealing with it. You are suppossed to ask yourself, "How did that dream make you feel?" And, it was prob. that you were not at ease with the situation of playing, because it was unfamiliar. That explains that.
Now, how did it feel to have to move into a house you knew was not a good buy and not one that you approved of? There is probably something in your life that is going on without your approval. It could be anything. It's about how the dream makes you feel...not what the actual dream is about.
And, that is you lesson for the day from the Dream Expert! :)
Feel free to discard any nonsense you happen to read above!
Oh girlfriend, I could tell you some dreams! I can see though why your two were scary! LOL
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Kat
Post a Comment