Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, George!

I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date! I almost forgot to do a post today honoring our son-in-law George on his 39th birthday. We love George! He's just an all-around wonderful guy. Here's a picture I like, taken when they were on his company trip to Costa Rica this past summer (when I was at their house caring for Sophie and chasing the snakes away and setting off the alarm, hahahahaha!!)

And here's another picture I like of George with Sophie. He's such a devoted husband and dad.
Lisa said that today Sophie was busy planning activities for George's birthday. Here are her exact words: "Party plans are underway. We have a craft area, a book area, a doll area, a yoga area, a workout area, a craft area, and outside races.... what every 39 year old man loves for a party, right??? :)" Tooo cute!!

And not to be outdone by her daughter, Lisa wrote a poem about and for him.

George is awesome,George is great, 
And he's no longer 38!
He's the best husband...And greatest dad,
And for that Sophie and I are very glad.
He's sweet, strong, handsome and funny.
And for 15.5 years, I've called him My honey!
Now that you've rounded the corner to 39!
I wanted to tell you, You get better with time.
Happy Birthday to my best friend and husband of 12.5 years.
I love you!!!

I told her I think she could sing that poem to him to the tune of "I've Been Workin' on the Railroad." Now wouldn't that be touching???
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet friend! We're back home and tonight is the first time I've had some time to visit. I don't think I'll every catch up with my emails, blogging, facebooking, etc. but I've giving it a go. I've had fun reading all your posts I've missed.

I love your new header photo.

Hugs,
Kat

Mari said...

Happy Birthday George! He should be happy with all these woman saying such nice things about him. :)
I like the new header too!

George said...

You're late for an important date...that's funny! Thanks for your birthday post. I always love to read all your birthday posts. I had a great day with Sophie's party and then treated to Indian dinner by Jeremy and Mike! We also had fun playing their new Wii game. Lisa and Jeremy are so competitive I thought one of them would end up through our TV!

Jean said...

That is funny, George!! They are STAUFFERS! What do you expect? Have you ever seen some of Dad's brothers play basketball and volleyball? They are so competitive, they're not even safe to be around!!

Doris said...

Love your new header. Your porch is so pretty!

Nice post about George =)

Have a great day....I need to get moving. Wrapping gifts again today!

Cherdecor said...

Happy Birthday to George, but I really think that Lisa sang that poem to him in a rap with Sophie doing those spitting noises they do when they rap! Sophie is so creative!

Cherdecor said...

I had to take a look at your new header that everyone was talking about. Yes! It is pretty! So festive!