As you all know, I am a thrift store shopaholic! Recently I went to the local Goodwill store and saw a table. A rather ugly table, I thought. Someone had obviously tried to antique it. But it was very sturdy. And just the right size for my breakfast nook. And it was green, and there is some green in my kitchen curtains. And it was certainly better than the card table I had in the breakfast nook. But it was ugly. So I left it there.
But I kept thinking about it, especially when I would eat lunch with Austin at the card table and he would delight in pushing it with his feet. "At least he couldn't so easily push a sturdy wooden table," I thought.
So I went back, and upon first glance I thought it was no longer there. Rats!!! I forgot how ugly it was, and wished I would have gotten it. But alas, there it was after all! I went to the checkout and asked the young cashier, "May I pay for something and have my husband pick it up later?" She said, "Sure. What did you want to get?" "That ugly green table over there, " I answered. "That's not ugly! I LOVE that table! If I had a place to put it I would buy it! In fact, I can't believe we still have it." "Well, I guess it was for me," I answered, suddenly liking the table a lot more!
A few days later when Lori saw it she said, "Lisa would love this table. Isn't it sort of like the island in her kitchen?" Hmmm. I hadn't thought of that. So I sent pictures of it to Lisa, and she said it's awesome. So I guess it is, hahahahahaha!
As you can see, it has "character" as Lisa calls markings like this!
The other day I discovered another thrift store, which I took a quick walk through. I was almost ready to walk out the door when I saw this almost-new purse. I loved it and bought it for $5.00. I'm certainly not a purse pro and had never heard of the name that's on that tag and all over the liner inside the purse - Tignanello. So I googled it. I believe someone paid quite a bit more than $5.00 for this purse the first time around. How nice of her to give it to that store so I could buy it and look richer than I am, haha!!
We are thankful tonight that the kidney transplant from Linda to her brother Mike was accomplished today. However, they still need our prayers. Linda has a lot of pain, and Mike is fighting a fever, which they are trying to discover the reason for. I'm not sure how they get one's body to fight an infection but not fight the new kidney at the same time. But then, I'm not the doctor!

6 comments:
Two great finds!
Wonderful news about Mike.
Hugs,
Kat
You did great! And it will be wonderful to not have to use a card table. :)
Wonderful finds! I have that brand of purse. I got mine at the QVC outlet. Was half off the outlet price which was a lot less then what they were selling for on TV. I saw another one that was bigger at TJ Maxx but was way more than I wanted to spend =( It's a wonderful brand and you will like it!
Concerning the Kidney transplant of Linda and Mike ,I was remembering Jay and Crystal's experience of their transplant ---the donor suffers more than the one receiving the kidney. I was present at that time and well remember that so well!
Will be praying for their recovery and that it will be a great success!
That purse is definitely YOU! I LOVE it and I hope you get great pleasure out of carrying it.
The table? Very In-ter-ES-ting!
I think an ugly pumpkin sitting on it would look nice. Just ask Wanda. She LOVES ugly pumpkins!
I think you could dress it up with fall items and it would look GrEaT!
I have been praying for Linda and Mike. I am sure that prayers are needed at this time and even more now that the body is in the process of accepting the transplant.
Great news about the kidney transplant. Wonderful news!
Now, the table? I would have snatched that up the first time I was in the store! I love it too! With a table like that, any more dings or dents or scrapes or scratches that Austin may inflict upon it...will only add to its character! Great find!
Post a Comment