This morning after I brushed my teeth there was this strange noise that seemed to be coming from under the bathroom sink. I opened the cabinet door and listened. I had never heard it before and couldn't begin to figure out what it was. I told Dick that the water pipes under my sink are making a funny noise. He said maybe there was air in the pipes. I went to the kitchen to make coffee and forgot about it.
A while later I went back to the bathroom and there was that noise, still going strong! I immediately called to Dick to come and listen to this noise right away. (As you can imagine, I'm hypersensitive to strange noises in water pipes!) He got up from his comfortable computer chair in the office and came back to the bathroom like a good husband and listened to that noise under the sink. Even he was completely stumped. In the process he noticed there was some water collected on the counter top behind my washbowl and asked what that was from. I was thinking, "Why does he have to care about that right now?" What I said was, "It just gets like that sometimes when I wash my hands and stuff." I grabbed the hand towel to wipe it up, picking up the soft soap dispenser and toothbrush holder as I wiped under them.
What?? The toothbrush holder was vibrating?? Then I suddenly realized the source of the noise and I said, "Oh, never mind." Can you guess??
I had forgotten to turn off my battery operated toothbrush before I put it in the holder. And that was the source of the strange noise that seemed to be coming from under the sink! Wow, talk about feeling stupid and relieved at the same time!
And, like a good husband, Dick just went back to his comfortable computer chair without saying a word.

7 comments:
That is so funny! Thanks for sharing a laugh tonight. :)
Now that's funny! So glad it wasn't a REAL problem.
Hugs,
Kat
Oh, Jeannie-girl! You make me laugh! Sounds like a "CM/CMW" story. We women in the "power stages" of our lives just have too much to remember.
Thank God for husbands who love us anyhow!
Oh my ! how funny.Thanks for giving me a good laugh during my sad days of remembering a yr. ago!
It is good I do not have a battery loaded toothbrush ----at 80 + I would forget all the time!
I LOVE YOUR STORIES! You make life so interesting. . . . just the common ordinary stuff. When you tell it, it is hilarious! You should be a writer! Hee! Hee!
I love it! How funny! I keep forgetting more and more ... and the easiest thing to do is to laugh at myself!
Hope you are enjoying the fall weather. I have read the previous posts, and know you had a great time with all the Stauffer women. What a fun time!
and what a good husband not to make a big deal of it. It was funny to read that. at first I thought it must had been a creature of some sort.
Post a Comment