As I went walking that ribbon of highway
I saw above me that endless skyway.
I saw below me those golden valleys.
This land was made for you and me!
Remember that old Peter, Paul, and Mary song? I used to sing it with my school kids sometimes, and they just loved it. I thought of it today as we drove from State College to Altoona and back. It is the most spectacular drive. You feel like you're driving on top of the world! Everything - the sky, the mountain ranges, the valleys are so VAST and beautiful.
Where were we going? And what is Dick looking at in the pictures below?
Why the rides he was about to experience at Del Grosso Amusement Park, of course! He, Lori, Anthony, and Austin spent a few hours there today.
I had a headache and wasn't in the mood for it, so I instead drove a little further to the Ashley Furniture Home Store to have a look around. Somebody we know is going to be able to get us a good deal on some new living room furniture!
I had a headache and wasn't in the mood for it, so I instead drove a little further to the Ashley Furniture Home Store to have a look around. Somebody we know is going to be able to get us a good deal on some new living room furniture!
5 comments:
What a feast!!! You updated a LOT this week. And I loved it all, but I think my favorite was that incredibly touching tribute to your daughter in law. I'm so happy for you, and it is a credit to both of you -- two really special women who have loved the same man -- you as a mom and she as a wife, and you haven't needed to be in competition. That is something really special, darlin' and I am proud of both of you!
I have always liked that song, and that drive fits it well.
I remember that song and that looks like a beautiful drive. How fun to be able to pick out new furniture. I'm happy for you.
Gorgeous photos of your drive. So beautiful. New furniture always makes me happy.
Hugs,
Kat
The highway pictures are so beautiful! They make me want to take a trip! I don't think I have ever heard the song. The words sound nice.
Funny, I was out looking at furniture stores this morning. Don't tell Alan! Ha! Ha! Hope you find what you want.
Post a Comment