We have been living in our new house for a month now, and today I finally got to spend a Saturday at home! The first Saturday after we moved was our friend Kati's wedding, the next one was our regular weekend in Lancaster County which we spent at my stepmother's house, the next one I spent in Philadelphia with Anthony and Lori, and the next was our weekend in Lancaster County for the joint service.
Today Lori and some of her friends went to a spa in Altoona in celebration of her birthday. Anthony had to take Lori's brother to the train station in Lewistown this morning, so I picked up Austin, took him with me to buy more curtains, then brought him here. Oh my! This house is not childproof. The first thing he did was proceed to unlock and open the front door. Later in the morning when I was in the kitchen and he was playing in the living room, I checked on him and found the front door wide open and he was on the porch! He was delighted to find my piano here, and he immediately insisted on hearing his favorite programed-in song, to which he started dancing. He checked out all my kitchen cupboards, pretty much ignored the box of toys I have for him, and finally contented himself with my collection of lids. At first he tried spinning one of them on the carpet, which did not work at all.
So he brought it out to the kitchen where it worked great!
I fed him lunch, then took him home for his nap. Anthony was home by then, so I came back home and worked on ironing and hanging the rest of my kitchen curtains. Look at the view from my bedroom window where I was ironing. Imagine what that will look like in the fall!
Here's my breakfast nook with the new curtains. We don't own two tables anymore, so for now I just have the card table set up here.
I took this picture from the living room. For some reason the walls look kind of yellow. I think I like it!
I made BLT's this evening. A co-worker of Dick's gave him a couple of ripe home-grown tomatoes, and then my friend Kat mentioned on her blog the BLT's they had, and I've had BLT's on the brain ever since! I think this was the first meal I've made in this house! I always cook supper at Lori's and then either eat there or bring some home to eat.

4 comments:
Looks really good!
Austin sure is a busy boy, he keeps you busy for sure. And I like your Kitchen , looks inviting
Your kitchen windows and curtains are simply beautiful. I love lots of windows. I wish I had some. I know that you have such a settled feeling now that you are home in your own place. Everything is so nice and you and Dick deserve such a lovely new place. I am happy for you.
Jean, that view is gorgeous! You're right come fall it will be beautiful!
And, I think it is quite clever of Austin to figure out how to spin the lids...and then to figure out he needed a hard floor! Clever boy!
Post a Comment