Monday, March 01, 2010

A working weekend

Well, it's time to catch up this blog, isn't it?  First of all I want to share two cute pictures I took sometime last week.  

On Friday Dick had off work.  As it turned out, Austin had a fever and was not in the mood for anything but being held.  So it was a tremendous blessing to me that Grandpa was available so that I could get some cooking, laundry, and packing done.  For a long time this is how the two of them lay on the sofa watching Baby Einstein videos.  I think Grandpa went to sleep!

We left for Lancaster County around 5 PM.  To my dismay it was really snowing when we left.  But we were in the Explorer, and Dick doesn't have a fearful bone in  his body when it comes to driving in snow.

After driving about 45 minutes we were out of the snow and the roads were dry the rest of the trip.  We went to Reading first to pick up Destiny.  I was so glad to see her.  For some reason the two weeks apart seemed long this time.

On Saturday we worked at the house.  Dick put in new sink bowls in each of the bathrooms and did some other repairs and errands.  I cleaned all the mini-blinds, washed windows, scrubbed some things, cleaned the oven, threw some things away.  Destiny spent the evening with Frank.

On Sunday we went to church, then to Subway for lunch.  In the afternoon Dick took Destiny and her friend Elizabeth to the rec center pool while I cleaned up around the house.  We took Destiny home in the evening.  She's done such a good job of keeping her bedroom organized since the day four weeks ago when I helped her to put things in place.  

I missed not seeing any family this weekend.  But we really needed to concentrate what little time we had at the house on getting it ready for selling. 

This morning we left around 7:00 to head back to State College.  No snow this time.

Look at this little face that greeted me!  Unfortunately, although he doesn't look like it on this picture, he is still not feeling well.  He has no appetite, has a bit of a chest cold, and is generally unhappy.  So he got a lot of holding today, which is just what sick little boys need.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Those grandkids are so sweet and they are all so blessed to have you in their lives.

Cherdecor said...

You really had a productive weekend. All the pictures are so good. I esp. love the one with grandpa asleep and Austin is unaware of it. So cute!

Joanne said...

what a joy the children are. Saw my little grandson this weekend and he is so happy and just wants to stand already.