Saturday, March 20, 2010

Goodby Explorer, Hello Ranger

This morning I took this picture of the Explorer as Dick was leaving for work. It will not be coming back here again. At 10 AM it was sold and transfered to another owner. Actually, it looks a lot better on this picture than in reality. It has some real issues, and now someone else will take care of them.

In a few days we will become the owners of this Ford Ranger pick-up truck that my brother's business is selling. Ever since we sold our previous pick-up truck five years ago, Dick's been belly-aching for one, and now he'll be a happy camper.

I discovered that even Lori is happy we're getting one, as it will be so much easier to do mulching, etc. I'm sure it will also be a godsend when the time comes for us to be moving more things. So I guess I'll just get over my idea that it's not worth anything if it can't carry a whole bunch of people.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mari said...

Bob has a Ford Ranger that is a 1994! It has done great but the time is coming. Yours looks great and I'm sure Dick will enjoy it.

MaryAnnYutzy said...

There's just something about a man and a pickup! Certain Man has driven an old Chevy S-10 for so long it is pitiful! Our kids call it "Stinky!" and it has earned its name, what with cows, chickens and trees and mulch and dirt and whatever! A little over a year ago, he bought a 2004 Chevy Colorado that was brought in on trade at a local dealers, and they really wanted to sell it. He decided on a price, and decided that he wasn't going to budge from it. At first the guy thought he was kidding, but as time went on, they kept talking, and finally, they came all the way down to his price(and he kept STINKY!). The new one has a second seat, and it is comfortable for traveling for him and I, and he really likes his pickup. I'd rather have my old (1999) Town and Country Minivan any day. It has 224,000 miles on it (more or less) and runs so nicely. I figure one of these days it will lay down and die, but as long as it keeps running, we are going to keep running it! Vehicles are such funny things. And it is so easy to forget that they are servants, not masters.

Cherdecor said...

That is a nice looking truck. When you have to move things, you will be so glad for it. Does it have a back seat? I think I see one. Austin has to have a place to sit.

Mari said...

Hey Jean - I tagged you for a photo meme. Hope you don't mind!