This morning Dick and I finally, for the first time since we moved to State College last summer, went to Anthony and Lori's church together. As I said yesterday, Dick always works on the weekends that we're up here. I was so glad for him to have the opportunity to hear Pastor Mackenzie preach. He's been preaching such a powerful series on being a follower of Christ, as opposed to just being a convert. It's been very, very convicting and challenging.
After church Anthony and Lori went out to eat for Valentines Day. Dick and Destiny entertained Austin while I took a short nap.
Destiny is so good with him. They watched a Baby Einstein video together, and he just sat like this on her lap for the longest time.
Early this evening we drove to Harrisburg to meet our son Frank. He'll take Destiny home to her mommy's house tomorrow evening. (She has off school tomorrow for Presidents Day.) We met at a McDonalds, and Destiny ordered a cone with M&M sprinkles. They had never done that, but did it for her! (I think she had eaten all the M&M's off by the time I took this picture.)
And here we are on Valentines Day. After we left Destiny with Frank, we stopped at a Pizza Hut for our Valentines treat.
We're tired of driving now and are glad to be back home in our comfy basement apartment with no early Monday morning drive ahead of us. This was a good weekend though.
2 comments:
Sounds like a nice weekend, and I have to say - your hair is still looking good! :)
It looks like you had a very nice Valentines Day including Destiny.
I would like to hear Anthony's pastor preach. I bet he is really good.
Post a Comment