Saturday, January 23, 2010

One more down

We had one more down today - this time it was Dick.  He didn't feel well when he left for work, but he went anyway, because for the first time all week he had a full day of work lined up.  We have been praying for more work all week, and finally today he had a good 8 hours or more lined up.  But that nasty old stomach bug brought him down and he came home after just a couple of hours at work.  I admit I had tears of frustration - not at him, of course, but at the timing.  He had almost no work yesterday.  Why couldn't he have been sick then?????  

My sympathetic stomach was protesting and I wasn't sure it was safe for me to go for groceries, but I really wanted to get out of the house.  It was so beautiful outside.  Lori and Anthony even bundled Austin up and took him out to his swing on the deck.  

I'm feeling just fine this evening, Dick doesn't seem to have gotten as sick as the others did, and they are pretty well recovered too.  Let's hope we're hitting the end of it.  I'm tired of talking about stomach bugs. 

2 comments:

Mari said...

I think you are finally nearing the end. Hooray!

Dianne said...

Those are no fun, no doubt. Hope it's all over for everyone..soon!