Sunday, September 20, 2009

My weekend

On Friday I took these pictures of Austin, but didn't have time to post them before I left for the weekend. This is the buggy he rides in when I take him for a walk almost every day.


He just sits in there and chills! Click on the picture to get a better look at that sweet, little face.


Friday evening I drove to Lancaster County, picking Destiny up in Reading first. We spent most of Saturday at my Dad's house. Destiny loves being there. She helped me to rake up grass clippings, then she helped Great Grandma pick some of her beans. It was such a lovely day.

Yes, Witmer family, Grandma did grow some beans after all! You may remember that earlier in the summer the rabbits kept eating all the stalks and she was threatening to shoot them! But she got crafty and put up all kinds of barriers, as you can see above, and now just look at these beautiful beans!
While I was there on Saturday I helped to bathe and dress my dad, to position him in his bed or his chair. At one point we sat together on the deck and enjoyed just looking at nature. We tried to sing a verse of the song "This Is My Father's World", but we couldn't remember all the words. Then some neighbors stopped in, and soon after that some old friends of theirs. The visitors were the quick-witted and humorous kind, and it was fun to see that Dad still had some good come-backs and humor. He really enjoyed their visit, even though he had to be in his bed for some of the time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cherdecor said...

Little Austin has a fancy new "ride." Isn't that one of those jogging stollers? How fast do you push him? =) He looks so cute sitting in there.

The green beans look so healthy...green, big and crisp! It seems like the gardens did especially well this year and of course, the rabbits did also.

I was telling Alan tonight that we better start writing a garden journal so we will know what we did this year, or next year we will be saying, "What did we use that baby powder for?"