Monday, July 06, 2009

Much to Destiny's delight, Frank and Mari and her son showed up to enjoy the end of the concert and the fireworks with us.

FINALLY, after a too-long concert, they arrived at the much-anticipated 1812 Overture, complete with live cannons (so loud you could feel the ground and your heart shake!) and then the marvelous fireworks display - certainly the best in Lancaster County.


It was 11:15 when we got home.

This morning I sent Dick off again with more food and clean wash. Good grief, it's like having a son in college again! Except he's going off to earn us a living instead of costing us an arm and a leg!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mari said...

What a weekend! Don't you think that the Fourth and family go together well?

Justabeachkat said...

Love seeing all the photos. What fun to be together with so many loved ones.

Too funny about Dick. I guess it does feel like sending one off to college again.

Hugs!
Kat

doris f. said...

I enjoyed your pictures....of course, they are of some of my very favorite people in the world!!

So happy we can continue this tradition....you know, when you started to encourage us to join you, I was certain I would not enjoy it. I was wrong once again =)

Doris

Tonja said...

I bet it is fun to be together at a big concert like that! Every year I look forward to the Boston Pops Concert. You used to be able to hear the whole concert...now just a song or two and then the fireworks. Fireworks just don't translate well on TV. I would so much rather hear the whole concert!

doris f. said...

by the way, it was 11p when we got out of the park , then we had to pick up Ellen before we could go home. It was a very late one and I am feeling it tonight. I'm heading for the comforts of my bed......

Doris

Jean said...

My, my, it looks like we sisters are continuing our chat fest right here in the comment sections of my blog, ha, ha, ha!!

doris f, said...

Yes we are! Maybe I'm getting facebook and blogs a bit mixed up in my advancing years =)

Doris