This morning I had a dental checkup and cleaning. I was so happy that I was finally having a checkup with no problems needing work. Would you believe, the hygienist was almost finished, was flossing my teeth, and the floss got stuck between two back teeth. As she pulled it out, a piece of silver filling came flying out of my mouth. So now I have to have an appointment in a few weeks to get that filling redone. Unbelievable.
This afternoon I took my parents to the local health campus for my dad's myelogram. They are trying to discover if the cause of his leg pain, weakness, and numbness is due to another nerve being pinched. It was a very uncomfortable procedure for him, followed by a very long waiting period afterward in the "holding" room. Doesn't that sound like something for animals? Why can't they just say recovery room?
Dick and I decided to go to Country Table (a local restaurant) for supper, because we had a gift card to use. Our time together will soon be very limited. He will be moving his tools and some of his clothes, etc. to Anthony and Lori's next Tuesday and starting his new job on Wednesday. I don't think either of us can quite picture what the rest of this summer will look like.
Oh, I almost forgot to say that he had a followup appointment with his oncologist yesterday and got a good report. The lymph nodes they are watching are significantly smaller since the maintenance chemo treatments he received in March. He was given the names of two oncologists in State College to check out. So many new things ahead. We have never moved out of this area of Lancaster County before!
3 comments:
Where does the time go?! I can't seem to stay on top of things lately, but I've had fun tonight reading all your posts I've missed.
I'm so glad your trip was so much fun. You're so lucky to spend as much time as you do with your kids and grandkids. You captured a lot of fun times with photos too.
Sorry about your tooth. Bummer. I'm dreading my dental work next week.
Hugs!
Kat
Oh. My. Word! What a bummer! I hope you do not have to pay for that! When I floss my teeth and the floss gets stuck, I run it through so that will not happen. It is just common sense.
Holding room must be a new term! Good grief!
Country Table! YUM!
Praise God for such a good report for Dick! God is on the move!
Your dentist appointment sounds like something that would happen to me. I can never get out of there without some issue! What a great report on Dick!
Post a Comment