I took a day off from my classroom. This morning I took my dad and stepmother to see Dad's neurologist. It was nice to have time to be with them.
This afternoon Dick planted the flowers I bought last evening. This evening we went to Pizza Hut and then to the mall to make use of some of the great coupons for Father's Day. We saved so much money we should go shopping again with all that money we didn't spend this evening, ha, ha! Seriously! At Penneys we got him two St. John's Bay polo shirts, regularly priced at $26, now on sale for $9.99, and we had a $10 coupon!! At Kohls we had a 30% off coupon and got him a shirt that was already 60% off on a clearance rack. I got Destiny the cutest pink sandals, regularly $25, on sale for $12.50, then 30% off that! Really, they might as well give their stuff away. Do they ever sell anything at its regular price, or are those prices just put there to make us feel like we're getting a bargain?
6 comments:
yes sounds like good bargains don"t they, but I wonder to if its a gimmick also. Keeps us buying though and thats what we need to get the ecomony back on track.
Sounds like a deal to me! Our Kohls doesn't seem to have those kinds of markdowns.
You really did well on your shopping trip. This past week I was behind a lady who was checking out in Kohl's. She had a pile of clothes she bought. The total amount she paid for her stash was $.83. She had some coupons she got off the internet also. I stood there with my mouth open! I couldn't believe it. Some people really know how to get the good deals or cheat the system. Ha! Ha!
We all need to check the computer for coupons before we go shopping or out to eat. Last Sunday for our anniversary dinner, Alan and I went to Palm Court to celebrate. The cost was $28 a person. Before we went I checked their site and saw a coupon for buy one, get one half price so we took advantage of that. We didn't feel so badly about spending that much money for a meal. Plus we went for breakfast at 10 am and ate through lunch time so we had breakfast and lunch so that brought the price down in our minds to $14 a meal for alan and $7 a meal for me. Ha! Ha! Not too shabby!
At Boscov's, I got a Liz Claiborn purse reg. price $56, I paid $16. It was on sale plus I got a 40% at the register! I've been looking for a purse for awhile. Gotta love a bargain!
Doris
My sister worked at JcPenney and it is amazing the mark up they put on clothes and such. Really they can afford the sales and still make money. It sure does make us feel good though when we come out with a bargain! I love it and I am heading to the mall tonight with my coupons for fathers day(maybe for me too!). April
I enjoyed reading your blog this afternoon...Had some time to do some blog hopping...always enjoy your blog.
Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.
Post a Comment