Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our Sunday

This morning my school worship team had a very early program at Lititz Church of the Brethren - their 8:30 AM contemporary service. So the kids and I arrived at 7:30! Boy, were they dead when they got there. Our practice was pathetic. But we went to the prayer room and tried to pray through the blah's. Then we entered the service and there were quite a number of teachers from school, as well as the administrator and secretary and a former middle school teacher sitting in the audience. The kids perked right up, and they did a great job.

Afterward Dick and I and Destiny went to the home of Peter, one of my guitar players, for brunch. We had such a good time visiting with Peter's family, including both sets of his grandparents. Peter's mom, Danelle, is our much-loved first grade teacher. Destiny had the most wonderful time playing with a big tub of Peter's childhood toys (pictured above) and was not at all ready to go home when I was. So Danelle said we could take some of them home for the day, and I'll return them to her tomorrow. Destiny played with them for HOURS this afternoon.

I thought she looked so pretty today in the new shirt her mommy got for her, so I tried to get a picture of her, and again she decided to act like a clown for every shot I took.

For the first time in weeks Dick was not scheduled to work at Advance Auto Parts today. It was WONDERFUL! We went together to take Destiny home this evening and had our grocery date on the way home! I feel so relaxed with the program over.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mari said...

How wonderful to have Dick home today! Destiny looks really cute in that outfit!

Tonja said...

She does look very cute! Aren't those wonderful words...the program is over? :) I've still got my big one to go on Thursday night.

Cherdecor said...

Kids always come through in a pinch! Destiny looks cute in that outfit.