After church yesterday, Dick had to work at Advance the rest of the day. We hate when he has to work on Sundays, but we're thankful for all the hours they have been giving him. So Destiny and I spent a lazy afternoon together. Ray was home this weekend too. He has less than a month to wait for his beloved to return home from her deployment!!
Ray and Destiny had fun discovering that our oranges were so juicy, you could insert a straw into the top of the orange and suck the juice out of it. An instant juice box!! (Sorry I didn't get any picture of Ray, Thyda.)
In the evening Destiny and I went to visit my parents. The first thing that caught my eye was my step-mother's quilt set up in their sun room. What a lovely place to work.
Here's a closer view of her handiwork.
She and I were having a lot of fun on the computer (she's becoming quite a computer geek, ha, ha, ha!) We were afraid we were neglecting my dad, but look what we found when we went into the livingroom. Destiny and Great Grandpa playing a game together. She just loves him, as we all do.
After Dick got off work we took Destiny home, and it was quite late till we got back home again.
And now I'm starting a new week, with more deadlines to meet.

6 comments:
Chad bought me some of those oranges and they ARE the juiciest I have experienced. I never thought of inserting a straw. How clever!
I love your step mother's quilt! What a work of art!
The quilt is beautiful! She's doing it all by hand? What a talent.
I love this post! The orange with the straw is great and the time spent with your Dad makes me happy! The quilt is gorgeous!
the quilt is beautiful. What a great time for greatgrandpa and greatdranddaughter. My Mom loves it when she gets to see her great grandchildren as well.
AW...that's so sweet!
Beautiful quilt, too. Very talented!
I haven't seen your dad in a long time; he looks great! And your mother's quilt is beautiful. In spite of the fact that my mother and my mother in law were both quilters, that's one art I have not learned!
Post a Comment