Sunday, March 08, 2009

Nice laid-back day

It's been a very nice laid-back kind of day. We had fellowship meal after church. It's such a good opportunity to catch up with people I don't otherwise have a chance to talk with.

Dick had to work at Advance Auto Parts the rest of the day. Destiny and I came home and had a quiet, relaxing afternoon. She was just an angel. I actually took a 2 1/2 hour hap on the sofa while she played quietly.

This evening I've been working on some things for my school worship team. I actually woke up at 3 AM on Saturday morning and suddenly thought of things that must urgently be done in order for us to be ready for our first program in three weeks. Would you believe, I could NOT go back to sleep? On a Saturday morning, my only day to sleep past 5:30 AM??? So frustrating.

I suppose the trial for Destiny's uncle will conclude tomorrow. According to the newspaper, the final presentations will be made tomorrow morning, and then it will be in the hands of the jury. I have no idea how things will play out the rest of this week.

Our thoughts and prayers this evening are with our dear pastor Dennis, his wife (and my close friend) Cindy, and all their family. He will be having prostate cancer surgery tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tonja said...

Sometimes, just the ordinary, day to day, sameness of it all, is just a blessing. Hve a good week!

Cherdecor said...

Alan took a three hour nap yesterday. How do you guy sleep in the middle of the day? I don't understand it.

Aspiemom said...

I saw your comment on Mari's blog just now and had to visit your blog. We lived in Leola, PA until Jan. 2007 when we moved to GA. We attended Calvary Church in Lancaster.

My goodness you have a lot of children! A very large family! Do you ALL get together very often?