Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some honesty


My friend Kat passed along the Honest Scrap award to me today, supposedly for the brilliant content or design of my blog. That makes me laugh, considering that her blog is the most brilliant in content AND design, at least of the blogs I read. So thanks, Kat!

I'm supposed to list 10 honest facts about myself, so here goes:

1. I find it almost impossible to sleep more than 6 hours per night. On rare occasions I sleep 8.

2. I haven't bought any new clothes for months, so if my co-workers are tired of my clothes, they can buy me something new. Actually, please don't. I'm too picky.

3. My favorite cold beverage is ice water, and I love to chew on the ice after the water is all gone.

4. I wear contacts, driving glasses, reading glasses, sun glasses, and then regular glasses after I take my contacts out at night. When I travel I have to take them all!!!

5. I am still using the same cookware I bought from a door-to-door salesman the summer after I graduated from high school in 1969. And it's still in great shape.

6. I grew up in a one-bathroom house and shared it with seven siblings and my parents. Now Dick and I live in a two-bathroom house, one for him and one for me. I like it that way.

7. I am 57 years old and I have two zits on my forehead this week. What is up with that??

8. I have a hard time throwing music away, so my shelves at home, my piano benches at home and at school, my filing cabinets and cupboards at school are all overflowing with music.

9. As a school music teacher and a church worship leader I have never worked with an administrator or a pastor that I did not like and get along with.

10. I enjoy washing windows.

If you would like to list ten honest facts about yourself, consider yourself tagged!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mari said...

Congrats on the award. I can relate to the zit one - I'm 48 and I have a big zit on my chin. I'll probably have a few when I'm 58 too!

Anonymous said...

You like to wash windows?!! That has to be my least favorite job.........close second would be cleaning out the frig.

krista said...

You can come wash my windows anytime Aunt Jeanie! The horse team that plows the fields behind us makes for very dirty windows every spring. You could come once a week! What? You say your own are enough? Well I tried...

Lynn said...

#4 and #7 made me smile. When would you like to come over to wash my windows? hmmm...looks like you've gotten a few other offers here. ;o)

Justabeachkat said...

Thanks for playing along. I always love reading everyone's lists. I always learning something. Washing windows are fun? No way Jose'! I'm so glad George doesn't mind that job.

Hugs!
Kat