My heart feels about 100 pounds lighter this evening. There are many things I cannot say on such a public forum as this blog. But I will say that the situation at Destiny's mom's house in Reading has been deteriorating drastically over the past month or so. When I picked Destiny up on Friday I wondered how I could conscientiously return her to that situation at the end of the weekend. I've done a lot of praying and had our pastor pray over Destiny this morning after church.
This evening I found out that over the weekend Destiny's mom moved back to Lancaster to her parents' house. When I told Destiny that we would be taking her there instead of to Reading, she said with great relief in her voice, "It finally happened." I had a good talk with Destiny's mom and other grandma this evening. Destiny will be registered tomorrow at the elementary school that she attended the first half of first grade, right across the street from her other grandma's house. She loved that school and has always missed it.
The situation will still not be ideal. But Destiny is safe and happy, and I feel like a great burden has lifted from my heart.
6 comments:
It is so hard for these dear children to have to bear the burdens. I am glad she is in a better place this eve. I know you have a lighter heart like you said.
Jean
I'll praise God for this in my prayers tonight. I know this situation has been a concern for you for the beginning.
Hugs!
Kat
I'm happy to hear good news like this. I know it is an answer to your prayers.
WOW! What an answer to prayer! I was so happy to read this this morning.
So much for a little girl to experience. I'm happy she is safe and happy and that you are feeling relief from this burden.
O how the children suffer. It breaks your heart. So glad this is working itself out. Will keep her in my prayers.
Post a Comment