Sunday, January 18, 2009

Those eyes!

One thing we all agree on already - he has those familiarly shaped eyes like his daddy's (on the left) and his grandpa Stauffer's and his Aunt Lisa's and his cousin Sophie's and his great grandma Stauffer's and his great uncle Fred's and his great uncle Steve's. Those eyes are a very strong family feature and he apparently could not escape them. But that adorable nose - hmmm. I think I need a baby picture of Lori. She said her mom will definitely cry when she gets to see him, because he looks so much like her baby pictures.

Lisa and Jeremy can hardly stand being so far away right now and not being able to see him right away. But now they know how we Pennsylvanians were feeling four years ago after Sophie was born. George said that Sophie is telling people she has a new baby brother cousin, ha, ha, ha! And she's making all kinds of gifts and crafts for him already!

Everything is white here in State College. The deck railing looks like it has four inches of snow on it and the snow continues to fall. Oh me, next thing we'll get snowed in up here!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mari said...

Yes - those eyes do come from his Daddy! He's just plain cute!

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Jean, I remember each time one of my grandchildren (all 9 of them) was born and how excited and overwhelmed with joy I was. I'm so happy for you and Dick. He is adorable...a true gift from God.

Hugs!
Kat

Cherdecor said...

You are right about those eyes. He is a sweet looking baby child.

MaryAnnYutzy said...

What a wonderful gift, dear friend. How blessed you are! I'm so happy for you and Dick and Anthony and Lori. He is a beautiful baby. I'm sure that I don't know anything about family eyes and such, but the amazing thing is that he belongs to your family, and that makes him perfectly "right" in every way.

And I'm also sure it wouldn't be too awful for you to get snowed in at State College!

Indigo Robe said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Oh I KNOW how excited you are and how your heart is feeling. It's just like being in love all over again, isn't it?! You can't sleep, you can't eat - you just think of that adorable being all the time!

Loved, loved, loved the video of the first bath! That hair kills me! Andrew is bald as an eagle - even balder! :-)

Congrats to you and your family! I am excited to watch the updates!!!!

Hugs,
Margie

Dianne said...

That's so sweet, Jean. I am so happy for them and for all of you. There's just nothing like a sweet little baby.

Dianne said...

Okay. Let me just ADMIT that I have been such a slacker in reading blogs...no idea why besides that tax season has begun again, BUT spent a lot of time here tonight catching up and you've had a lot going on! I'm very excited about the new baby...but here's the comment that made me giggle out loud, "I'm sorry to brag, but I make some mighty good vegetable soup." It makes me laugh again just copying it to here to tell you about. I really need to work on staying up with blog reading, and getting back to my own as well. You are one of the blessings from it!

Hope you have a great week.