Friday, January 30, 2009

More baby pics, donut recipe

Finally, this evening my insatiable appetite for pictures of Austin got its "fix"!! Anthony posted a bunch of new ones here. Below are two of my favorites.

Heart to heart talk with mommy.


Getting ready to smile.


I've had several requests for the recipe for the homemade donuts I talked about the other day. So I'll post it below.
Mrs. Beiler's Doughnuts

2 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter or margerine
3/4 cup lukewarm water
3 packages dry yeast
1 quart scalded milk
5 pounds flour
1 T. salt
2 eggs

1. Cream mashed potatoes, sugar, and butter together with mixer.
2. Scald milk and add to potato mixture. Let cool until lukwarm.
3. Combine yeast and water and let set 5 to 10 minutes until bubbly.
4. Add yeast to milk mixture, plus 4 cups of flour and beat with mixer.
5. Cover and let set until bubbly.
6. Add eggs, salt, and rest of flour and mix together by hand. (It will get very stiff.)
7. Divide into two big bowls, brush melted butter over the top, cover, and let rise for about 2 hours.
8. Roll out portions of dough and cut donuts with donut cutter or cup and ketchup lid (for donut hole)
9. Lay cut-out donuts on cookie sheets and trays, let them rise about an hour.
10. Heat oil to 375 degrees.
11. Deep-fry, dip into glaze, and let cool.

Glaze

1 pound confectioners sugar
1 T vanilla
1 T melted butter
1/2 cup whole milk
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cherdecor said...

That Austin steals our hearts! He is so pretty and so perfect! What a blessing!

Mari said...

I was just admiring Austin's pics on his blog. I don't know if it's possible but I think he's getting even cuter!

Tonja said...

That is one more beautiful baby!

The donuts look pretty good too.