Today I introduced the new musical for the Spring program to my 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders who will be performing it. They LOVED it! It's called Survivor Babylon by Dave Noel and Jay Rouse, the same guys who wrote the one we did last year about David and Goliath. It's going to be an absolute blast.
I also met with my new worship team for the first time today - thirteen 7th and 8th graders. We had a really sweet time together. I put a lot of effort into helping them to understand and experience God as One who is absolutely crazy about them and whom they can trust. I also work hard at helping them to become a true "team" by putting aside slander and criticism against each other, so they can trust one another. I just feel warm fuzzies when I think about our time together today. I really love these kids.
After school I had to go to Reading to pick up Destiny by myself, because Dick was working at Advance Auto Parts this evening. I'm afraid I've become very spoiled by his availability to do things with and for me! But being alone did provide me with the chance to listen to some music and soak in some encouragement. One song I hadn't listened to for a while was particularly meaningful to me today. Here are the lyrics:
All I Have
Tim Dobbelmann, Gabriel and Nate Brennan
What have I in this life
But the love in Your eyes?
This empty world will one day fade;
Only Your truth will remain.
Jesus, all I have is You,
You're the hope I'm holding to.
I might weep, but still my faith
Rests in You.
As the heavens hold the skies,
It's your hand that holds my life,
And Your love will lead me on
When all else is gone.
3 comments:
Wow! What a song!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs!
Kat
I was blessed to read your post! Way to go confirming God's love for the kids. that is awesome.
Great song too!
Blessings to you!
The other day, our Senior came home and said to me, "I just don't know why I need to be _______'s personal hate project!" (Of course, girls this age are incapable {!} of drama -- but this is at a Christian school and she so often is the object of hurtful words.) I wish that there were more teachers -- or coaches, or whatever -- with a genuine interest in promoting unity . Our girlie wouldn't be on the worship team because she struggles musically, but there are other opportunities, I would suppose. I am so warmed by your efforts on behalf of the kids. It is something they will never, never forget,and it's in the most integral area of their lives -- their spirits! You go, sweet friend. May Abundant blessings be yours! The words to the song are precious, too.
Love you!
Post a Comment