Sunday, January 18, 2009

Austin's second day

Today Dick and I stayed here at Anthony and Lori's house and did some things for them. Dick worked on a stairway project that he did not have time to finish when he was here earlier in the week. I cooked several meals for their freezer. The entire day it was snowing lightly. The view from Lori's kitchen window was so lovely and peaceful, and I was completely enjoying myself. Besides, working in her lovely kitchen wasn't half bad either!

This evening we went to the hospital for our "Austin fix!" We think he has his days and nights mixed up, because he slept so much yesterday, was more wakeful last night, and slept all day today! So for well over an hour this evening I held him and gazed at his precious little face.

But he was completely unaware of me!

Later he woke up, obviously ready for Mommy. But first, Daddy and Grandpa had some guy time with him. This photo shows the cycle of life - first you have no beard, then you have a dark beard, and finally a gray one!

Forget the guy time! He wanted his mommy!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I love all the photos, but especially the one of the three generations of guys.

Stop by when you get a chance. I've passed along an award to you sweet "B" friend. I'm also asking for some advice.

Hugs!
Kat

Mari said...

I love seeing the pictures of Austin and the rest of the family. What a joy! It was sweet of you to fix some meals. I know they'll appreciate it when they get home.

krista said...

What a sweet little face...praying Austin makes the adjustment to day/nighttime soon and Mommy and Daddy are given much grace and peace to walk through the next days and weeks.

So special that you and Dick could be there for the weekend!

Tonja said...

All I can say is beautiful...just beautiful! God bless you all!

Tracey said...

ditto to what Tonja said! Precious, beautiful family!

I read below about Lisa wanting to be there and Sophie making gifts... bless their hearts!

Take some snowy pics too if you get a chance! I love to look at them, but would hate to be actually IN it! ;-)

Lynn said...

You are doing such a great job keeping us all posted with pictures. He's precious! Congratulations again.