On Saturday Dick spent the morning and afternoon working at my school, installing more of our new sound system. At home, I let Destiny dig through some Christmas decorations. I was hoping to string the lights on the tree and then let her hang ornaments on it, but alas, I had very bad luck trying to figure out why sections of strings worked and others didn't, some blinked and others did not. I know you have to check for bad bulbs, etc, but such things are just not down my "ally". So the tree decorating did not get finished. I had so many other things to do, I felt like I was racing the clock all day.
In the evening I went to the local high school's fall play. Just as I was ready to leave I discovered it had snowed. I am now officially a "wuss" when it comes to driving on potentially slippery roads. Since that experience a few weeks ago on the way to school, I don't know how I'm going to survive this winter. Anyway, Dick took me to the play THANKGOODNESS, because the roads were really slippery. While I was at the play he ran some errands and picked up Destiny from Frank, and it took him the entire time to do those things because the roads were so bad. By the time he picked me up they were better because they had been treated with salt, etc.
The play was called The Mouse that Roared. Ever hear of it? It wasn't my favorite play I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it because of "my kids" who were in it.

4 comments:
Hey, my friend...just stopped by to catch up on you and your week. Mine has been full with Living Christmas tree stuff, so I haven't had time to check in. Looks like you've been as busy as usual. I don't know how you do it all, I really don't. I had to giggle when reading your post about all you want to do is get home and get comfortable, because I am exactly the same way! The earlier I can get home and get into comfortable clothes, the happier I am, and now that it's getting colder....BRRRRR! Need I say more? :-)
I'm glad things are going well and I'm REALLY glad that Dick has had a few jobs, even if it's nothing permanent yet. God is faithful and the right thing will come along with time.
I may have another little 'goodie' to send you soon. I'll let you know! :-)
I've heard of that play but never saw it. I'm a wuss on the roads too and as for the tree lights? They frustrate me!
There's nothing worse than trying to deal with strings of Christmas lights!
Hugs!
Kat
Yes, those lights can certainly be a challenge. Tomorrow I will post a picture on my blog of another person having lighting issues. It is toooo funny.
Post a Comment