This morning Dick drove to the Baltimore Airport to pick up Miki and the kids. They had spent a few days in Tampa, even went to Busch Gardens yesterday. And just as I expected, they're crazy over Sophie. This was their first time meeting her.
The past couple of days Dick and I were preparing for the big event we had this evening. Our local town of Manheim is having their annual farm show this week. On Wednesday nights there is always a parade through town. Our school had a float in the parade. We had made a CD of our favorite praise and worship songs, which the children and I sang along and did small choreography with. It was a tremendously fun night in spite of the light rain we had. Dick was on the float as well, to operate the CD player. Miki and her kids sat on the lawn of our niece Laura, who lives along the parade route.
Afterward we went to the food stands and saw lots of people we know. It's always such a fun night. I feel so bad that Destiny had to miss it. I think she's watched this parade every year since she was one year old. She also just loves to see all the animals at the farm show. I hope most of them are still there when I take her on Friday.
Tomorrow our school has parent/teacher conferences. Since I am not a homeroom teacher I don't have any scheduled conferences, so I'm going along to the Newark, NJ airport to take Miki and the kids. I can hardly stand to think of them leaving.

4 comments:
You never have a dull moment. Isn't life wonderful?!
Hugs!
Kat
I'm sad for you that they are leaving already - it has been so fun to read of your adventures with them. It sounds like you had a packed full time with them and made every minute count!!
The kids and I are going to watch the parade on tv this morning - we'll look for you! We got to ride in a dump truck with Daddy!! :)
I am sad for you too! It will be hard to say goodbye to them. Have a great time at the fair!
Here's what I've got to say...I am crazy about Sophie and don't even know her! :-)
Post a Comment