Thursday, October 30, 2008

The changing seasons

It's the end of the first quarter and I have tons of work to do to get ready for the report cards that will go home next week. I have no business sitting here at the computer. But "somebody" (you know who you are!!) reminded me today that I didn't post yesterday, so I'll do a quick post. I took a picture of our back yard when I got home a while ago and decided to show the change of seasons.

Back in April, when I took this picture, I was just LONGING to see some green.


By the end of May we had lots of green!


Now the green is turning to brown and orange and yellow. The colors are beautiful, but I always feel a bit sad at this time of year, because.......


...I know we're heading toward this. Yes, it's beautiful - for the first day. After that it starts getting dirty, and I just hate driving on snowy, icy roads, and I really, really hate being cold. If I had my way, we would have one huge blizzard each year and we would have to stay home for a week. Then it would quickly disappear and Spring would arrive.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Jean. I miss having 4 real seasons. Down here we have summer and maybe a couple days of spring, fall and winter. Stretching the truth there a little, but we really don't have enough of all the seasons.

I like your idea of one blizzard!

Mari said...

I love the pictures of all 4 seasons. I'm going to try and remember to get shots like that too.

Tonja said...

Jean, those are great pics! It never snows here, but, that's ok with me...I do not like the cold either!

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that I checked ~ thanks for posting, Jeanie. Your daily writings about "life" are an inspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

next week I saw its going to be near 70 again.yo yo weather

Dianne said...

Hey. I've been here catching up tonight. I can't believe all that happened the night of your husband's reunion! MAN! Talk about a comedy of errors. UGH! Hope you are doing okay. I've been remembering to pray for you both.

Cherdecor said...

That is a great theme you have going on there! The four seasons.....you could put the prints on plates and sell them! The pics are very pretty!

Rose said...

Great pictures! I do not miss snow in the least. I'll take our seasons here in the ATL anyday!

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with your beautiful post, but the answers to your question are, in no particular order:

Millersville University.

Took it down. Probably didn't have to, but put it up on a whim and took it down on the same. It had to do with school prayer.

And yes, I would have loved to be there.

-- Heather