Friday, July 04, 2008

Today's project

My project today was working on a different window treatment for my sliding glass door. Ever since we moved here I've had a vertical blind there that Jeremy gave me from his days of working at Blinds to Go. But it was a pain to open and close it - I never could figure out which chain or rope did what. Besides, I think it was meant for a window, not a door, because it opened from the center. And also, I didn't like the plain off-white blind against a plain off-white wall.


So last week I noticed that Penneys is clearing out the Wendy tab panels that I've used to make valances, so I went and bought several more sets of them. This evening I sewed six panels together and hung them up at the door. It slides easily to one side, but I think I used too many of them, because it seems all thick and bunchy. So probably tomorrow I'll take one or two off. Thank goodness I used big stitches. I do think I'll like it better.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cherdecor said...

WOW! What a difference they make! They add so much more interest and look so nice!

Dianne said...

That does make a big difference, and it looks great!

krista said...

Very nice!
While you were being Suzy the Seamstress, (I typed Sewer at first but that didn't look right! :-P), I was being Betty Crocker. I was making ladybug cupcakes for Natalia's 1/2 B-day party this Sunday. I'll have to post the end product after the weekend.